Environmental Assessment from 100m north of King Street to 300m north of Huntsmill Drive, Caledon
The Region of Peel has initiated a Schedule "C" Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) for improvements to Airport Road from 100 metres north of King Street to 300 metres north of Huntsmill Drive in the Town of Caledon. Airport Road is a north-south arterial road under the jurisdiction of the Region of Peel and the study limits are situated in the Town of Caledon.
The study will:
- Address long term issues related to planned growth
- Enhance the safety of Airport Road by examining:
- Intersection improvements
- The potential for roundabouts
- Traffic calming measures for truck and other vehicular traffic through Caledon East
- Support the Caledon East Community Improvement Plan including streetscaping
- Promote healthy living by examining infrastructure improvements for walking and cycling
This project will not be considering road widening for additional through traffic lanes along Airport Road.
- Notice of Study Commencement
- Public Information Centre (PIC) 1 Notice (PDF)
- Public Information Centre (PIC) 1 Boards (PDF)