Awards and recognition
Peel Region is the proud recipient of prestigious awards for leadership, continuous improvement, innovation, and service excellence.
Each award, nomination, and recognition exemplifies our dedication to delivering outstanding public services.
- S&P Global Ratings – Recognizes strong governance and prudent financial management practices. Peel Region has held a AAA credit rating with S&P since 2002.
- 2023 Governor General's Emergency Medical Services Exemplary Service Medal – Recognizes professionals in the provision of pre-hospital emergency medical services to the public.
- Canadian Award for Financial Reporting – Recognizes excellence in government accounting and financial reporting.
- IABC Gold Quill Award of Merit – Marketing and Communications – Recognizes and awards excellence in strategic communication worldwide.
- APWA Top Ten Public Leader of the Year Award - Kealy Dedman, Commissioner of Public Works – Recognizes professionals devoted to improving community life through public works services and technology.
- Brampton Board of Trade Business Excellence Award – PAMA – Recognizes the significant accomplishments of Brampton Board of Trade members and the Brampton business community.
- Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – The highest form of recognition by the GFOA and reflects a commitment to meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
- Moody’s investor credit rating – Recognizes strong governance and prudent financial management practices. Peel Region has held a Aaa credit rating with Moody’s since 2011.
- Top 50 Women Leaders of Toronto for 2023 – Recognizes the achievements of top performing women leaders in technology, health care, consumer, and financial sectors.
- Canada's Clean50 Top Project Award – Recognizes the best sustainability oriented projects completed in Canada over the prior two years.
- Toastmaster International’s Corporate Recognition Award – Designated to Toastmasters’ corporate sponsors who are making an investment in their employees’ future.
- BeSpatial 2022 Gold Award in GIS mapping – Presented to organizations who demonstrate innovation in a geospatial and information related application.
- The OPWA Project of the Year Award – Recognizes the combined effort of managing agencies, consultants, architects, or engineers, and contractors to complete public works projects.
- ICMG Enterprise & Digital Architecture Ratings & Awards – Information Technology – Showcases digital innovation and excellence in IT architecture.
- Platinum Award for Excellence, Innovation and Wellness – Recognizes the outstanding achievements of organization-wide systems of management and public service delivery.
- Credit Valley Conversation (CVC) Green Cities Award – Acknowledges significant contributions to the health of the Credit River Watershed.
- Peel Celebrates – Recognizes Peel Region employees’ outstanding contributions and the work they’ve accomplished.
- Canada's Healthy Workplace Month, Great Employer Award – Recognizes employers for achievements in physical health, mental health, social health, and community.
- Municipal Waste Association's Gold Award – Celebrates colleagues’ ingenuity across the municipal waste sector.
- Ontario Public Works Association Award – Recognizes the combined effort of managing agencies, consultants, architects, or engineers, and contractors to complete public works projects.
- Water Environment Association of Ontario Award – Celebrates active and effective safety programs in municipal and industrial wastewater facilities.
- International Award for Outstanding Procurement Practices – Celebrates leaders in the public procurement profession for their commitment to implementing efficient practices.
- Central West Local Health Integration Network Quality Award – Peel Long Term Care – Recognizes innovative achievements and outcomes-driven initiatives that make a difference to people receiving care.