Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Paying your bill

Your payment is credited to your account as soon as we receive it.

Ways to pay

Pre-authorized payment

To set up pre-authorized payment and have your payment automatically withdrawn from your bank account, complete our Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement form. You can submit the form by:

By phone or online banking

Most Canadian banks offer phone or online banking for water bill payments. When searching for the bill payee, include the terms Peel water or Region of Peel water.  You'll need your 10-digit water account number to set up the bill payee. This number is at the top-right corner of your water bill.

By mail

We only accept cheques if you pay by mail. Make the cheque payable to The Region of Peel. We also accept postdated cheques.

Make sure you include the water payment stub along with your cheque in the return envelope that came with your water bill so we know which account to apply it to.

We do not return postdated cheques.

At your bank

You can pay your water bill at most major banks in the branch or using the automated bank machine (ABM). Bring your water bill or water payment stub to the bank to make your payment.

Contact your bank for more details.


We accept in-person payments by cheque, cash, or debit at one of our locations with the exception of the Town of Caledon, who only accepts payments by cheque in a sealed envelope with stub.

Other information

A 91-day grace period has been introduced for water bills issued from April 1 – June 30. During this time, no late payment charges will be applied. Customers who are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan can contact us at 905-791-8711 or email to change scheduled payments.

If you don’t pay your bill on time, there will be a late payment charge. Should the bill remain unpaid, your outstanding balance may be transferred to your property tax roll. You’ll also be charged additional administrative fees for the transfer.

Late payments by cheque

If you are mailing your cheque and we receive it after the due date, a late payment charge will apply. Be sure to give enough time to mail your cheque so that it can be processed by the due date. Setting up pre-authorized payments will ensure that you pay your bill on time.

Non-sufficient funds (NSF) returns

NSF charges will be applied if a payment is rejected due to insufficient funds in your bank account.

If you’re set up for pre-authorized payments and a payment is rejected due to NSF, we will not retry withdrawing the payment, and you’ll have to manually make another payment for your bill

If you’re going on an extended vacation, you can:

  • Set up pre-authorized payment from your bank account. That way you won’t have to worry about missing your water bill due date while you’re away.
  • Make an advanced payment for an amount based on your last bill. Any balances or adjustments can be made upon your return.

Tenants pay their water bills the same way as home and business owners except they are unable to set up pre-authorized payments. Your landlord is responsible for telling the Region that you’re paying the bill.

If you’re a tenant paying the water bill and you move to another address in Peel, we’ll apply a Change of Occupancy Fee to your account.