Watermain installation, replacement,and relocations
Mayfield Road from Martin Byrne Drive to Coleraine Drive and
The Gore Road from Mayfield Road To 250m North Of Squire Ellis Drive
Town Of Caledon and City Of Brampton
- Apr 11, 2023: Notice of Temporary Lane Reduction. Mayfield Road West of the Gore Road
- Nov. 14, 2022: Rescheduled Lane Closure Notice on Clarkway Drive at Mayfield Road
- November 2022: Pre-Restoration on Mayfield Road
- October 2022: Traffic Impact
- July 2022: Traffic Impact
- July 2022 – Watermain discharge
- May 2022 – Notice of traffic impacts
- March 2022 – Notice of temporary road closure
- February 2022 – Removal of trees and fencing
- October 2021 – Notification of night work for watermain installation
- August 2021 – Notification of temporary road closure
- July 2021 – Notification of temporary road closure
- March 2021 – Installing, replacing and improving the water infrastructure along Mayfield Road and replacing the water service pipe to the service box
- March 2021 – Tunneling Work along Mayfield Road, 325 Metres West of Clarkway Drive
- March 2021 – Investigative Work along Coleraine Drive and Mayfield Road
The Region of Peel has been working in your neighborhood to install new watermains along Mayfield Road. This work is required to maintain and improve existing water services.
At this stage in the project, temporary lane reductions will be required on Mayfield Road at Coleraine Drive to complete underground watermain work. View area map.
From May 24 to June 24, we will need to reduce traffic on Mayfield Road to a single lane in each direction. This lane reduction will take place where Mayfield Road crosses Coleraine Drive.
Please be prepared for a lane shift, expect delays, and choose an alternate route if possible.
It is recommended that truck traffic find an alternate route during this time:
- Due to the lane reduction, trucks making right turns from southbound Coleraine Drive to westbound Mayfield Road may find it difficult to make the turn.
- The left-turn lane on eastbound Mayfield Road will be temporarily removed. This may cause difficulties for trucks making left turns from eastbound Mayfield Road to northbound Coleraine Drive and lead to traffic delays.
We ask for your patience and will try to minimize any delays as best we can.
Keeping you informed
Weather and other unpredictable events may change the date of these traffic impacts. Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices.
Safety during construction
Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible. Learn more about how to stay safe in construction zones.
Thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary work. This work will allow us to continue providing you with high quality tap water. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Water Linear Engineering and Reliability, Engineering Services Division
Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409