Dixie Area water and road improvements
The project includes watermain installation, reservoir upgrades, road widening and improvements, and noise wall replacements. Project numbers: 14-1240, 14-1257, 10-4020, 11-4020, 14-4020 and 21-1975
- Dixie Road: Clark Boulevard to north of Mayfield Road
- Clark Boulevard: Dixie Road to Heart Lake Road
- Heart Lake Road: Clark Boulevard to south of Glidden Road
- Northgate Boulevard: Nanport Street to Northampton Street
- August 24, 2023 - Noise walls (west side) on Dixie Road just north of Howden Boulevard
- August 4, 2023, Noise Wall (East Side) from Queen Street to Springtown Trail
- January 30, 2023 East Brampton Reservoir and Pumping Station (118 Nanport Street)
- November 10: Dixie Road Noise Wall (East Side)
If you'd like a copy of the Fall 2023 newsletter, please email us.
What we are doing
- This map (PDF) shows what’s happening and where.
- We are replacing the old noise walls on both sides of Dixie Road between Queen Street and Bovaird Drive. Some noise wall sections on Dixie Road between Bovaird Drive and Countryside Drive will also be replaced. We will do our best to replace the noise walls before starting the watermain or roadwork in the immediate area.
- We are building two watermains from Beckett Sproule Reservoir and Pumping Station on Heart Lake Road to East Brampton Pumping Station and Reservoir on Nanport Street.
- The watermains will run along Heart Lake Road, Clark Boulevard and Dixie Road.
- Work will be done mainly by tunneling, with a small section of open-cut construction.
- Tunneling is completed by digging two deep holes (called shafts) and using special equipment to tunnel beneath the surface of the road between the shafts. As the work takes place mostly underground, it can be less intrusive than digging a long trench to install the new watermain. Traffic and noise impacts are usually limited to shaft locations, where most of the work takes place.
- Open-cutting involves digging a trench to install new watermains or upgrade existing water infrastructure. Because watermains are buried below the roadway and this work may extend over long stretches of land, it can cause some traffic disruption along the construction route.
Pumping Station and Reservoir Improvements
- We are expanding and improving the East Brampton Pumping Station and Reservoir on Nanport Street, within the pumping station land next to Northampton Park. At this location, we will also be upgrading equipment, improving the water reservoir, building an overflow pond, and improving the landscape.
- We will be widening Dixie Road in three stages:
- North of Mayfield Road to Countryside Drive (2 lanes to 4 lanes)
- Countryside Drive to Bovaird Drive (4 lanes to 6 lanes)
- Bovaird Drive to Queen Street (4 lanes to 6 lanes)
- Work will include:
- Developing multi-use trails on Dixie Road
- Improving landscaping and streetscaping
- Improving traffic signals and lighting
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel Water and Wastewater Master Plan.
- To support planned growth in the area and to provide for additional north-south road capacity as part of the Region’s Long-Range Transportation Plan.
- Work started in March 2022 and should be completed by the end of 2028.
Who you can call
- If you have any questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-791-7800 extension 4409.