Request a water or wastewater service connection
Property owners in Peel can request approval from Peel Region for a water or wastewater service connection.
Peel Region must give written approval to connect a property to the municipal water, wastewater, and regional storm sewer systems.
Peel Region must also:
- Review service connections before the local municipality provides a building permit.
- Review any changes to the underground servicing of a property, with or without a development application.
Peel Region does not provide construction services. Property owners must hire an independent plumber or contractor to complete the service connection.
Installation of services on private property is governed by the Ontario Building Code. Approvals and inspections can be made by calling the area municipality Building Division.
On this page
Anyone who owns property with access to municipal water or wastewater in Peel Region can request a water or wastewater service connection.
What you need
Any work must be in keeping with applicable legislation, including Regional by-laws.
Public and private services, materials, construction methods, and appurtenances must all comply with:
- The most current Peel Region standards and specifications.
- The Local Municipality’s requirements for the Ontario Building Code.
- Ontario Provincial Standards.
For site servicing connection approval
For a service connection, you must submit a drawing to Peel Region for review and approval.
Water capacity modelling
If water or wastewater capacity modelling is required before the site servicing connection approval, you must submit a completed Water and Wastewater demand table and any related documents.
Extension of water or wastewater infrastructure
Stormwater management approval
A road allowance is the land reserved by the government to be used for public roads. This includes sidewalks, ditches and boulevards, beyond the road pavement.
Stormwater drainage to the Regional road allowance resulting from development of properties along Regional roads is not permitted. If your property is next to a Regional road, you need to submit a satisfactory stormwater management report and satisfactory grading and drainage drawings.
- Check if your property is next to a regional road.
- Ifa stormwater management report is necessary, it must include specific requirements.
The 2024 Fees by-law update includes an Engineering Fee increase.
This fee will ensure that:
- The work is performed to Peel Region standards and specifications.
- Any issues not resolved by the applicant's contractors, including emergency repairs and public safety concerns, are addressed.
As a result, the securities collected for all regional site servicing connection applications will increase starting January 1, 2024.
Email us for:
- General administration and inspection fees related to site servicing for residential custom homes and security deposit costs.
- A meter installation.
- Storm management reports.
All fees are subject to change annually, based on Council approval.
We provide payment instructions after we receive the submission. We accept payment by Electronic Fund Transfer (e-transfer). We also accept Visa or Mastercard for payments under $1,000.
Please see the Peel Region Fees By-law.
How to request help
To request a water service connection, submit site drawings in pdf format by email to site plan servicing.
Drawings can be submitted by:
- The landowner
- The landowner’s representative
- Professional engineers
Who to contact
For details or more information, email us or call 905-791-7800 ext. 7973.
The Servicing Connections team is working remotely. In-person meetings are available by appointment only. To book an appointment or request help, email Site Plan Servicing.
Call 905-791-7800 ext. 7882 or email Peel Water Service Requests for drawings that show water and sanitary infrastructure on roads or easements.
We aim to review your submissions within the targeted review timeframes specified below:
|Residential||Industrial, Commercial, Institutional (ICI) and Multi-residential|
|1st submission review timeframe||7 business days||20 business days|
|Resubmission review timeframe||3 business days||14 business days|
To request a new water meter or for further information on water meters, please contact Meter Operations.
- Call 905-791-7800 ext. 3226
- Email to request a residential meter
- Email to request an ICI or multi-residential meter
All new home construction or additions (or both) must include the new water meter size on the site servicing drawing.
Please refer to the Peel Region standard drawing (STD DWG 1-4-7) for installation requirements for water meters.
Water meters 25 mm and under will be installed by Meter Operations.