Make changes to a water billing account
You must complete and submit a form if you’re:
- Closing an account.
- Moving to another neighborhood in Peel.
- Moving out of Peel Region.
- Need to change or add information to an existing account.
On this page
You are eligible for this service if you:
- Own or rent a property that's connected to the Peel municipal water system.
- Have a Region of Peel water billing account.
What you need
The information you need to provide depends on the circumstance.
Moving out of Peel or change of occupancy
If you're moving out of Peel or moving to a newly built or resale property in Peel, you'll need to provide the:
- Property buyer's name.
- Date the property was purchased.
- Lawyer's name and contact information.
- Seller's name and contact information.
Changing a name
If you're changing the name on the account, you'll need to provide the:
- Account number.
- Current account holder's name.
- New name to be added.
Adding an authorized user
If you're adding another authorized user to the account, you'll need to provide the:
- Account number.
- Additional name to be added.
- The signature of the person whose name was added.
Fees will be added to the water bill.
For specific fee information and additional fees and charges that can apply to both residential and business customers, visit service charges.
How to make changes
- Newly built home
Existing resident in Peel (new home) form.
- Resale home
Existing resident in Peel (resale home) form.
Moving out of Peel
To change the account holder information
To make changes to the account holder information, complete and submit the Account holder change request form by email or mail.
Who to contact
For more details about moving into or away from a residence in Peel, email Billing Account Management.
Landlords or tenants with a question or concern can email Water Billing.
If you would like more information call 905-791-8711.
It can take 7-10 business days to process changes to a water billing account.
Once the form is processed, the customer will receive a confirmation message at the email address provided.