Make changes to a water billing account
Peel customers with water billing accounts can change account information or close an account by completing and submitting a form.
On this page
You are eligible for this service if you:
- Own or rent a property that's connected to the Peel municipal water system, and
- Have a Region of Peel water billing account.
What you need
The information you need to provide depends on the circumstance.
Moving in or out of Peel (change of occupancy)
If you're moving out of Peel or moving to a newly built or resale property in Peel, you'll need to provide the:
- Property buyer's name.
- Date the property was purchased.
- Lawyer's name and contact information.
- Seller's name and contact information.
Changing a name
If you're changing the name on the account, you'll need to provide the:
- Account number.
- Current account holder's name.
- New name to be added.
Adding an authorized user
If you're adding another authorized user to the account, you'll need to provide the:
- Account number.
- Additional name to be added.
- The signature of the person whose name was added.
New account fee
Customers moving into a rebuilt property or new property purchased from a builder will be charged $82.
Change of Occupancy fee
Customers who are moving to another resale or rental property will be charged $38.
Landlord and tenant fee
Customers setting up a tenant account will be charged $42.50
These fees will be added to the water bill.
How to make changes
How you change a water billing account depends on your situation.
For first time residents of Peel
- First time residents moving to a newly built home:
Complete and submit the First-time resident in Peel (new home) form.
- First time residents moving to a resale home in Peel:
Complete and submit the First-time resident in Peel (resale home) form.
For current residents of Peel
- Already live in Peel and moving to a newly built home in Peel:
Complete and submit the Existing resident in Peel (new home) form.
- Already live in Peel and moving to a resale home in Peel:
Complete and submit the Existing resident in Peel (resale home) form.
To change the account holder information
To make changes to the account holder information, complete and submit the Account holder change request form by email or mail.
To close an account
- Moving out of Peel and want to close an account:
Complete and submit the Water billing account closure form.
- Are (or have) a tenant and want to close an account:
Complete and submit the Closing a water billing account for a tenant form.
Who to contact
For more details about moving into or away from a residence in Peel, email Billing Account Management.
If you are a landlord or tenant with a question or concern, email Water Billing.
It can take 7-10 business days to process changes to a water billing account.
Once the form is processed, the customer will receive a confirmation message at the email address provided.