Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Change waste bin size

This service is for residents in Peel who receive curbside waste collection services and use waste bins.

You can change the size of your recycling and garbage bins if they are not meeting your needs.

Your organics bin is one-size only. It cannot be changed.

On this page


You are eligible for this service if you have a home address in Peel that receives curbside waste collection and use waste bins.

What you need

To change your bin size, you need to provide:

  1. The street address for the property that needs a larger or smaller bin.
  2. Your contact information.


The fee for changing the size of a bin is $25 per bin. This fee covers the cost of delivery, cleaning, and repair.

How to request an exchange

To request a waste bin exchange, you will need to:

  1. Provide the address of the property that needs a larger or smaller bin.
  2. Identify the size of bin that you need.
  3. Provide your contact information.
Change bin size

Who to contact

If you have a question or need more details about this service, call 905-791-9499 or email Waste Management.

More information

Follow these instructions while waiting for your new bin to arrive:

  1. Keep using the bin you have until it is exchanged.
  2. Your bin will be exchanged on the day after your regular collection day. Garbage bins will be delivered the day after your garbage day, and recycling bins will be delivered the day after your recycling day.
  3. Leave your empty bin at the curb, or in a location that is visible and accessible from the road.
  4. If your bin is not exchanged by 8:00 p.m. the day after your collection day, use it normally for two more weeks.
  5. On your next collection day, put your bin out for collection again. Repeat this until your bin is exchanged.

Garbage and recycling bins will be exchanged separately, in different weeks.

You will receive a bin that has been gently used and cleaned.

This video gives an overview of how to change your bin size and what happens after you've requested a change.