Road occupancy permit
A road occupancy permit is required for proposed works on Region of Peel-maintained roads.
If you’re a contractor, developer, or homeowner planning an activity within the Region of Peel Right of Way (such as road widening, storm sewer installation, or a crane setup) you must have a permit before work begins.
On this page
Road occupancy permits for Region of Peel roads are issued to:
- Utility Contractors
- Civil Construction Contractors
- Project Managers
What you need
- A Certificate of Insurance naming the Region of Peel (minimum $5 million liability insurance)
- Applicable Area Municipality as insured
- A Traffic Control Plan
- A detailed drawing clearly illustrating the proposed work within the Region of Peel Right of Way
- Payment of the applicable Region of Peel fee
Depending on the scope of the project, you might also have to provide:
- PUCC approval.
- Site Servicing approval.
- Site Plan approval.
- Development approval.
- Approved tender (for capital projects).
- Development engineering approval.
The Standard Road Occupancy Permit is $459.90.
A Development-Related Permit (under the Site Plan) is $1,509.
And Access Permit (under the Site Plan) $1,940.
We accept payment by:
- Visa or Mastercard, over the phone or in person.
- An Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
- A cheque, certified cheque, or a bank draft made payable to “Region of Peel.”
How to apply
Submit an application package that includes all of the following:
- A completed Road Occupancy Permit application.
- A Certificate of Insurance naming the Region of Peel (with a 5 million liability Insurance minimum requirement.)
- An applicable Area Municipality as additional insured.
- A Traffic Control Plan with a detailed drawing that clearly shows the proposed works within the Region of Peel Right of Way.
You can email your completed form and other required documentation to Road Permits or mail or drop it off in person to:
Region of Peel
Public Works Department
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Who to contact
If you have any questions or would like more details, email Road Permits or call 905-791-7800, ext. 7130.