Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Request a new driveway

If your property is on a Peel Regional road, you can request to add a new driveway or change your existing driveway.

Properties bordering regional roads can have one personal access and one farm access unless they are inaccessible from a City or Town road.

If your property borders both a Peel Regional road and a road that belongs to one of the cities of Mississauga, Brampton, or Caledon, then we advise that you connect your driveway to the City or Town road.

If this situation applies to you, contact your local municipality for more information.

On this page


To be eligible, your property must share a border with a Regional road.

What you need

You need to know the driveway access request procedures before requesting permission for a new driveway. This applies to residential, commercial, and industrial properties.

For residential access, refer to New Residential Access or Driveway Request Procedure.

For industrial or commercial access, refer to the:

For all driveway requests, you must complete and submit:

  1. Letter of Credit
  2. For all development projects on Regional roads, you will need a Letter of Credit. The amount on the Letter of Credit is based on the total approved cost of the project within the Region's right of way.

    After the work is inspected and approved, Peel Region will release 90% of the Letter of Credit. The remaining 10% will be held for a one-year maintenance period.

  3. Notice to Commence Work
  4. Peel Region needs contractors to provide a Notice to Commence Work, at least 48 hours before they start work on a regional road.

    Please deliver the form to:

    The Regional Municipality of Peel
    10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, 4th Floor
    Brampton, ON L6S 4J3

  5. A site plan review, development applications, engineering, and inspection fees

You need to make sure that all works within Peel Region’s rights of way meet our standards. We also require you to provide an estimate of the total project cost, including engineering and inspection fees.

Besides the estimate, you will need to apply for a Road Occupancy Permit for any works (access, road, or otherwise) that take place within Peel Region’s right of way. You will also need this permit for temporary access to Regional roads.


To get your permit, you will need to submit a payment.

These fees are according to the Fees by-law.

It covers the charges for services or activities provided by Peel Region, or for the use of its property.

As part of the permit process, mud tracking securities are necessary.

This payment covers the cost of cleaning the road and the debris left behind when you install a new driveway.

For commercial and industrial developments, the required mud tracking securities fee is $10,000. The fee is $5,000 for residential developments.

We must receive this payment before we start the approval process.

You can make the payment:

How to request

To request permission for a new driveway, email all required forms and permits, or send them by mail to:

The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Fax: 905-791-1442

Who to contact

For more information, please email us.

Related information