Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Film permits

Commercial film and television productions must have a permit to produce film or television content within Peel.

Film permits apply to any profession enterprises that produce film or television content for sale, licensing, or distribution profit.

Your application documents are required at least 10 business days before filming on Regional roads to process and approve the permit.

On this page


Film permits are issued to only commercial film and television producers or companies (or both).

What you need

To apply for a film permit, you or your company needs to provide:

  1. A completed Full Road Closure application form.
  2. A completed Insurance Certificate. Your insurance certificate must name the Region of Peel and the relevant Area Municipality as an additional insured for no less than $5 million.
  3. A letter of intent that includes:
    • The production company name and complete address.
    • The contact person's full name.
    • The contact person's phone number, fax number, and email address.
    • The proposed location, street names, and outer limits of the filming boundary.
    • The proposed date and time (and a rain date if applicable).
    • The size of the film crew and number of vehicles.
    • A full description of the work (for example, a moving shot with traffic stoppages).
    • Route plans


We charge a $214.75 fee for each application.

We accept payment by:

The total fee will depend on the need for a road closure.

How to apply

You can email your completed form to Road Permits or mail or drop it off in person to:

Region of Peel
Public Works Department
Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9

Who to contact

If you have any questions or would like more details, email Road Permits or call 905-791-7800, ext. 6004.