Wastewater in Peel
Providing reliable wastewater collection, treatment and management now and for the future.
Municipal wastewater is used up water from a combination of domestic, commercial and industrial activities.
When you flush a toilet, take a shower or do the laundry, the wastewater flows through the sanitary sewer system and into Peel's wastewater treatment facilities.
- Is made up of sanitary sewage.
- Can contain suspended solids, disease-causing organisms, decaying organic wastes, nutrients and other household and industrial wastes.
- Is treated to remove pollutants before it is returned to the lake or river.
Peel is committed to:
- Providing reliable collection, treatment and management of wastewater.
- Protecting the environment now and into the future by diligently monitoring our sewer network and effectively operating our treatment processes to meet required discharge quality limits.
We operate and maintain:
- The Clarkson Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The G.E. Booth Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The Inglewood Communal Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The Caledon Groundwater Treatment Plant
Take a virtual tour of the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
We also operate and maintain the Wastewater Collection System, consisting of:
- Sewage pumping stations.
- The York-Peel Odour and Corrosion Control Facility.
- Over 3,500 km of sanitary sewer main.
- Over 52,000 maintenance holes.
- Sanitary sewer laterals to the private property line for all connected properties.
To report a hazardous spill or an urgent problem with your water or sewer, call us at 905-791-7800 or toll-free at 905-584-2216 (Caledon or other long-distance areas).
If you have a wastewater-related question or comment, email Public Works.
Peel is committed to providing quality collection, treatment and management of wastewater.
By diligently monitoring our sewer network and operating our treatment processes effectively, we meet the required discharge quality limits, protecting the environment now and into the future.
Find further details in our 2022 Annual Reports: