Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Apply for TransHelp

TransHelp is a shared-ride public transportation service. It provides safe and reliable transportation for people with disabilities who live in Caledon, Brampton, and Mississauga.

If a disability prevents you from using conventional transit some or all of the time, then you may wish to apply. Eligibility is based solely on a disability that affects a person’s ability to travel on conventional transit, not on the type of disability, income, or age.

If you feel you qualify for TransHelp, you can apply online or print and complete the application form, then mail, fax, or drop off the completed application in person.

On this page


To qualify for TransHelp, you must:

  1. Live in Peel (Brampton, Caledon, or Mississauga).
  2. Live with a permanent or temporary disability that’s defined by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
  3. This includes – but isn’t limited to – a visual, physical, sensory, cognitive, or mental health disability that a healthcare professional has confirmed.

  4. Have a disability that sometimes or always stops you from using conventional public transit such as Brampton Transit or MiWay.

Having a disability doesn’t automatically qualify you for TransHelp.

We decide who’s eligible for TransHelp on a case-by-case basis. This means we’ll look at your disability plus other factors to see if you qualify.

We do not base eligibility on:

Brampton Transit and MiWay vehicles have many features that make travelling easier for residents with physical, cognitive, visual, sensory, and mental health disabilities.

These features include:

Before you apply:

Watch this video to learn more about TransHelp eligibility:

What you need

You’ll need to provide the following information to apply for TransHelp:


There is no fee to apply for TransHelp.

How to apply


Apply for Transhelp

If you have questions when completing the online application, call 905-791-1015 and press '2'.

Other ways to apply for TransHelp

If you don’t want to apply online, you can download and print the TransHelp Service Eligibility Application Form (PDF).

Once you’ve completed the form you can mail, fax, email or drop it off in person.

Mail: c/o TransHelp Applications, 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON, L6T 4W5
Fax: 905-277-5864
Scan and email:

Drop off at a Service Peel location:

To request a printed copy of the application by mail, call 905-791-1015.

We will decide if you’re eligible for TransHelp within 14 days of receiving your completed application, including the medical portion. We will mail you a letter telling you if you qualify.

Who to contact

For more information about applying for TransHelp, call 905-791-1015 or email TransHelp.

More information

Application form Health Care Information section

You might be considered ineligible if you don’t provide enough detail about your disability and the barriers that prevent you from travelling on conventional public transit.

A healthcare professional must complete the Health Care Information section of the application form.

This person could be a:

  • Regulated Master of Social Work
  • Audiologist
  • Chiropractor
  • Nurse Practitioner
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Optometrist
  • Physician
  • Physiotherapist
  • Psychiatrist
  • Psychologist
  • Speech Language Pathologist

If you live in a long-term care facility, a registered nurse may complete the Heath Care Information section of the application.

The healthcare professional section must be completed within 90 days of your application submission.