Water and wastewater education
Learn about water and wastewater treatment and water conservation
We want to hear from you
If you have participated in one of our programs, please complete this short survey. Your feedback will help improve our lesson plans and resources.
These interactive and curriculum-connected lesson plans, online modules and virtual tours explore water and wastewater treatment, water conservation, and water quality.
Each offering can be completed within a class period, adapted for in-class or online learning, and support EcoSchools certification.
Email us if you have any questions about these offerings.
Water and wastewater lesson plans
Kindergarten to Grade 8
Teach your students how water and wastewater is treated in Peel and the importance of water conservation. Each lesson plan includes downloadable PowerPoint slides, worksheets, videos, and optional extension activities.
Peel Water Story
Grades 5 to 12
Introduce your students to the wonder of the natural environment through these engaging online modules that combine text, interactive maps and multimedia content.
- Will introduce your students to watersheds, water sources and water quality.
- Can be accessed as a class, in small groups or individually.
Water Treatment Virtual Tour
Grades 8 to 12
Learn how water is treated in Peel through this unique virtual tour of one of our Water Treatment Plants. A teacher’s guide and handouts are available to help direct student learning.
Use these extension activities to supplement your lessons.
Primary (Kindergarten to Grade 3)
Junior (Grades 4 to 6)
- Erosion game
- FOGS – a call to action
- Let's cleanup
- Protecting our water
- Protecting our water presentation
- Water choices
- Water conservation challenge
- Water conservation public service announcement
- Water cycle in plants
- Water in the news
Intermediate (Grades 7 to 8)
Puzzles and activity sheets
- Find the hidden water message
- Home water audit
- School water audit
- Wastewater treatment crossword
- Water scramble
- Water treatment crossword
- Arthur P. Kennedy water treatment process
- Clarkson wastewater treatment process
- G.E. Booth wastewater treatment process