Your water bill is based on your water meter reading.
Most customers are billed every 3 months. If you use over 455 cubic metres of water per month, you’ll be billed every month.
Online water billing now available
This service will let you:
- Access your water billing account information 24/7
- See bills, payment, and consumption history
- Set up bill payments and reminders
Water and Wastewater rates snapshot
For residential properties connected to the wastewater system, the wastewater rate is applied to 85% of total water usage that is read by your meter.
The following rates are effective from April 1, 2023.
If your meter measures cubic metres (m3):
- Your water rate is $1.8672 per m3.
- Your wastewater rate is $1.4915 per m3.
If your meter measures imperial gallons:
- Your water rate is $8.49 per 1,000 gallons.
- Your wastewater rate is $6.78 per 1,000 gallons.
If you paid a flat rate prior to meter installation:
- Your water rate is $23.58 per month.
- Your wastewater rate is $16.86 per month.
What do my rates cover?
Your water bill pays for drinking water and wastewater services.
The Region operates and maintains:
- 2 water treatment facilities
- 3 wastewater treatment facilities
- thousands of kilometres of watermain and wastewater pipes
- municipal wells
- pumping stations, and
Water bill rates also cover:
- The treatment and delivery of water.
- The collection and treatment of wastewater
- Thousands of water sample tests that ensure the highest standard of water quality
- The accuracy of over 339,000 water meters and regular meter readings
- Capital infrastructure program and reserve funds to meet the needs of growth and to invest in infrastructure state-of-good-repair
- Support for local Conservation Authorities initiatives for drinking water source protection and reducing the effects of climate change in Peel.
Online water billing
Get notifications when your water bill is ready and make payments online.