Report waste not picked up
This service is for residents in Peel who receive curbside waste collection services.
There are a few common reasons why waste is left behind.
If you set your household waste on the curb properly, and it wasn’t picked up by 8 p.m. on your regular collection day, you can report waste not picked up.
Waste Management will send a truck to your home to collect the waste.Report waste not picked up
On this page
You are eligible for this service if:
- You have a home address in Peel that receives curbside waste collection.
- You set your waste on the curb properly on your regular collection day, and none of the common reasons why waste is left behind apply.
What you need
To report waste not picked up, you need to provide:
- The street address for the property where the waste wasn’t collected.
- The waste items that were not picked up.
- Your contact information.
There is no cost for this service.
How to report
To report waste that wasn’t picked up, you will need to:
- Provide the address where the waste wasn’t collected.
- Identify the type of waste (recycling, organics, garbage, or yard waste) that wasn’t collected.
- Provide your contact information.
- Submit your request.
Who to contact
If you have a question or need more details about this service, email Waste Management.
Common reasons why waste is left behind
- It isn't your regular collection day for garbage or recycling, or your day might have moved due to a holiday. Check your collection calendar.
- Waste was not placed out for collection before 7 a.m.
- Bins were not placed with handles facing towards your home.
- Waste was blocked by a parked car or other obstruction.
- Waste was placed too close together at the curb.
- Waste was placed behind or on top of a snowbank.
- Excess garbage placed next to your garbage bin did not have garbage tags attached.