Apply for disposal of business hazardous waste
Special handling is required when collecting, storing, transporting, recovering, and disposing of hazardous waste. Taking these precautions reduces the effect of hazardous waste on health and the environment.
Region of Peel Community Recycling Centres provide safe disposal for business hazardous waste. This service is only for businesses in Peel that are required to dispose of hazardous waste.
Owners of these types of businesses must apply for this service and follow a registration and reporting process.
If your application is accepted:
- Peel Region will contact you to sign a hazardous waste disposal agreement and to schedule a drop-off appointment at the Caledon, Bolton, Heart Lake or Fewster CRC.
- A copy of the signed agreement must be in the vehicle transporting the hazardous waste at all times.
- The agreement is valid for one year.
On this page
To be eligible for this service, a business must:
- Generate less than 150 kg per month of hazardous industrial waste, hazardous chemical waste, or characteristic (ignitable, corrosive, reactive, or toxic) waste.
- Generate less than 500 kg of liquid industrial waste per month.
- Be certified to transport dangerous goods and you can provide a copy of your Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate.
What you need
To apply for this service, you need to provide business information including:
- Your type of business and your company and contact name.
- The address and phone number for your business.
- An estimate of the annual units of hazardous waste items that your business could generate.
There are no charges to drop off business hazardous waste.
How to apply
To apply for this service, you must complete and submit the Business Hazardous Waste Disposal Application.
Completed applications must be approved prior to a business dropping off hazardous waste. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Who to contact
If you have a question or need more details about this service, email Business Hazardous Waste.