Steeles Avenue noise wall replacement
Steeles Avenue from Hartford Trail to McMurchy Avenue South. Project 19-4517
- June 2022: Phase 2 (at Hartford Trail and 71 Austin Drive) Currently obtaining necessary property and final design to follow
- April 2021: notice
Construction is planning to start in July 2022 and be completed in Spring 2023 (weather permitting).
The work includes:
- Clearing and grubbing;
- Removal and disposal of existing wall and/or fence;
- Installing temporary fence;
- Installation of new noise attenuation wall;
- Extension of existing backyard fences to new noise attenuation wall;
- Restoration; and minor related works.
Injaz Construction Limited has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Their hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. These hours follow the city’s by-laws.
- Temporary lane closures will be required during non-peak hours.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We anticipate no impact to any driveway access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes.
- Please call the project manager if you have any special needs.
Project Manager, Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 7813
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800