Steeles Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation and Corridor Improvements
Steeles Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation and Corridor Improvements, City of Brampton. Project 20-4685
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until September 2025.
- August 2022: Revised Paving Works on Steeles Avenue West
- June 2022: Revised Paving Works on Steeles Avenue West
- May 2022: UPDATE - Paving works on Steeles Avenue West
- May 2022: Paving works on Steeles Avenue West
- November 2021: Paving works on Steeles Avenue West
- October 27: Paving works on Steeles Avenue West
Where is the work happening
Steeles Avenue West from approximately 150m east of Lancashire Lane to 50m west of McLaughlin Road.
What we're doing
Resurfacing asphalt pavement surface, constructing a multi-use path on the boulevard, adjusting and replacing storm infrastructure, undergoing intersection improvements at Steeles/McLaughlin and Steeles/Lancashire to add turning lanes, improving sight-lines and making intersections AODA complaint.
This work includes:
- Implementation of new Westbound right-turn lane at Steeles/Lancashire Lane, additional Northbound left-turn Lane at Steeles/McLaughlin, and new Eastbound right-turn lane at Steeles/McLaughlin
- Removals of existing sidewalks and implementing wider asphalt multi-use paths
- Milling of asphalt pavement and paving with new base and top asphalt
- Reconfiguration of traffic signs, traffic signals and pedestrian push-buttons at intersections
Construction is tentatively scheduled to start August 2021.
Hours of operation for boulevard and intersection works will take place during nonpeak hours, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. All paving works not limited to milling and paving, will be completed at night between 7 p.m to 6 a.m., Monday to Friday.
Hours of operation follow the City’s by-laws. Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public, however will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly as possible.
Peel has retained Four Seasons Site Development Ltd. to complete the work on the Region’s behalf.
Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, due to the nature ofthe work, we will need to reduce traffic lanes to two lanes during non-peak hours (9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) on Steeles Avenue West.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the projectscope or schedule.
Please contact the project manager if you have any special needs.
The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule. Please call the project manager if you have any special needs.
905-791-7800 ext. 7918