Bovaird Drive resurfacing and corridor improvements
From Hurontario Road to HWY 410. Project 20-4675, 16-4520, 19525 and 22-4140
- June 22, 2023 – Hot mix asphalt resurfacing – Bovaird Drive from Kennedy Road to Highway 10
- March 31, 2023 – Resurfacing and corridor improvments from Hurontario road to Highway 410
- January 25 2023 Update – Hot mix asphalt resurfacing – Hurontario road to Highway 410
- September 28 2022 Update – Hot mix asphalt resurfacing – Bovaird Drive from Kennedy Road to Highway 410
- September 12 2022 Update – Hot mix asphalt resurfacing – Bovaird Drive from Kennedy Road to Highway 410
What are we doing?
- The Region of Peel will be carrying out the resurfacing and corridor improvement of Bovaird Drive to improve asphalt performance and create a multi-modal corridor. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary road staging;
- Removal and replacement of curbs and gutters;
- Repairs and adjustments to storm sewer structures;
- Soft improvements to Hurontario and Kennedy intersections;
- Major improvements to Conestoga/Sunforest/Richvale and Heartlake intersections including removal of channelized islands;
- Adjustments to cross walks and placement of crossrides;
- Installation of traffic signals including bike signals and pedestrian push buttons;
- Asphalt milling;
- Hot mix asphalt paving;
- Installation of Multi-Use Path on the north and south sides;
- Placement of permanent thermoplastic pavement markings;
- Restoration; and,
- Minor related works.
- Bovaird Drive – from Hurontario to Highway 410
- Start: June 15, 2022
- Finish: October 2023, weather permitting.
Who can you call?
|Pacific Paving Ltd.
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nick Giglio||Project Manager||905-339-6649|
|Raymond Osmond||Site Supervisor||365-440-6730|
|Region of Peel|
|Randy Chawb-Naraine||Project Manager||416-884-2434|
|Stephen Yirenkyi||Site Inspector||289-541-8990|
- The Contractor’s normal day working hours, are from 7:00am to 3:00pm in Westbound direction, and 9:00am to 5:00pm in the Eastbound direction, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all minor works.
- The Contractor’s normal night working hours, are from 7:00p.m. to 6:00a.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all major works, including milling and paving.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day/night would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- All intersections will remain open but temporary lanes closures will be necessary.
- Peel Regional Police will be present during major milling and paving operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency services will be notified of the works.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access.
- All businesses will be open.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Critical infrastructure construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial guidelines, physical distancing, using personal protective equipment, and adjusting work schedules and shifts.