Construction of 1200MM sanitary sewer
Kennedy Road North and Conservation Drive. Project 15-2153
The Region of Peel will be installing a large sanitary sewer pipe along Kennedy Road North and Conservation Drive. The pipe will be constructed by tunnelling method (microtunnelling). To do the tunneling, six access points will be created for the tunnel along the construction route. View attached map.
This work is to improve the existing wastewater service and to provide additional sewer capacity. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. Sanitary sewer pipes take wastewater from your home to a treatment plant.
Should construction require an interruption to your water supply, it is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours. If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience.
- We expect to start this construction work by late fall 2021.
- The project should be completed by summer 2023.
Minimizing construction impacts to you
- The work will be phased to minimize traffic disruption in the area.
- Pedestrian access to houses will be maintained at all times.
- Construction activities will be contained inside fenced areas located partially within the travelled portion of the roads.
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we must reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
Safety during construction
- Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible.
- To learn more about how to stay safe in construction zones, visit peelregion.ca/construction/work-zone-safety.asp
To stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
We’d like to hear from you
- After we’ve finished, we will invite you to provide feedback on the construction project.
- You can sign up to receive this survey electronically at peelregion.ca/construction by clicking ‘Sign up for email notices’.
If you would like to speak with us about this work, please contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409