Celebrate the people who make service happen
We’re dedicated to delivering excellent customer service every time.
Customer Service Week is a chance for those who serve and support to celebrate and reflect upon the difference they make each day.
Organizations recognize Customer Service Week at the beginning of October each year.
Thousands of Peel Region employees work hard every day to deliver the services that residents, businesses, and visitors count on. Over the past few years, our service teams have adapted to ensure you get the support you need.
We’re very proud to recognize Peel Region customer service teams for their unwavering commitment to deliver excellent service to you.
So far, in 2023:
- Our customer service teams have answered nearly 560,000 phone calls, close to 14,000 emails, and over 5,000 live chats, earning an 84% overall customer satisfaction level.
- Our Community Recycling Centre employees have served nearly 300,000 visitors, earning an 85% overall satisfaction rate.
- Our Access Peel counter team has helped over 14,000 people and scored a 100% satisfaction level.
- Our TransHelp employees have provided 375,000 TransHelp trips, earning a 75% satisfaction rating.
Our Customer Service employees in action
This video provides an overview of how employees at our Access Peel counters provide excellent customer service to the community.
Taking the time to understand customer needs is something that Access Peel employees like Alyssa do every day.
Take a look back at how Peel Region employees Melissa, Matt, and Robin provide excellent customer service.
When it comes to exceptional customer service, our Community Recycling Centre employees like Melissa lead by example:
Ontario Works Caseworker Matt knows the positive impact of having a dedicated support system and is driven by his commitment to helping residents in a meaningful way:
Youth Caseworker Robin believes in each person she helps. She focuses on finding the right kind of support to help them succeed:
Service commitment and standards
Our Service Commitment is a promise that, no matter how you connect with us, you can expect to:
- Easily find what you need.
- Receive a timely response.
- Be treated with dignity, respect, and care.
- Receive simple and clear communication.
- Be assisted by professional, knowledgeable, and helpful employees.
This year, we updated our Service Standards based on feedback from over 7,500 residents. These standards define the level of service we aim to provide when you contact us. Our service targets are:
- Answering phone calls to our contact centres within 3 minutes.
- Replying to emails within 2 business days.
- Acknowledging customers at counter customers in a timely manner.
- Answering live chat sessions within one minute.
- Responding to "X" (formerly Twitter) requests within one hour.
Share your feedback and stay informed
Do you want to say thanks to one of our employees, make a suggestion, or tell us when something didn't go right? Share your feedback with us.
Join our engagement email list and we'll notify you about the latest feedback and engagement opportunities at Peel Region.
Get essential Peel Region program and services information delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing to our Connect to Peel newsletter.