News release: January 17, 2022
Waste services affected due to inclement weather
Brampton, ON. (January 17, 2022) – Residents in the cities of Brampton, Mississauga and the Town of Caledon are advised of the following impacts to waste services today due to the winter storm and unsafe road conditions.
For curbside collection:
- All curbside waste collection for Monday, January 17 is cancelled.
- Residents are asked to set out their curbside waste one day later this week (for example, if your waste is collected Monday, set it out for Tuesday; if your waste is collected Tuesday, set it out for Wednesday and so on).
- Best efforts will be made to collect all waste between Tuesday and Friday this week, however residents should expect delays.
- As a reminder, there will be no bulky collection starting this week until further notice.
- For Christmas tree collection, ensure that natural Christmas trees are visible and accessible for pickup
For Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) :
- Two CRC locations are open today: Heart Lake CRC in Brampton and Fewster CRC in Mississauga.
- These locations are closed today as of 2:30 p.m.
- All other CRC locations are closed.
Peel's Waste Management staff will regularly monitor the situation and advise on changes, if necessary.
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.