News release: May 3, 2021
Vaccine stand-by list is now available
Brampton, ON. (May 3, 2021) – The Region has launched a vaccine stand-by list to ensure that any excess vaccine doses are used up at the end of the day at Peel Public Health clinics.
Vaccination doses taken from storage are closely matched to appointments for the day. At the end of each day, there may be a few doses of the vaccine left at clinics due to no-shows or cancellations. The purpose of the list is to ensure that no dose is wasted. The list will only hold 300 names each week.
Who can sign up?
The vaccine stand-by is for individuals who:
- Have not received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Second doses will not be given to people on the stand-by list.
- Are currently eligible to receive the vaccine and live in Peel.
- Are able to get to a Peel Public Health COVID-19 vaccine clinic within 15-30 minutes once they are contacted.
Important information about the list
- Signing up to the list does not guarantee that you will be called for a stand-by appointment. If excess doses of vaccine become available, we may call you.
- If you are eligible to receive the vaccine in Peel, you should still book your appointment at various clinics across Peel.
- People on the list will be randomly selected based on how many doses need to be used at the end of the day at each clinic.
- The list will only hold 300 people each week. Once this number is reached, a message in the sign-up form will notify you that no more names can be added to the list.
- The list will be cleared every Sunday at 11:59 p.m. You can sign up every week if you would like.
- People who arrive without receiving a phone call will not be vaccinated.
More information about the list and a registration form are available on the standby page.
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.