News release: March 22, 2021
Peel’s Community Mass Vaccination Plan (MVP) hits milestone of 100,000 vaccine doses administered
Brampton, ON (March 22, 2021) As Peel Public Health, community partners and the team behind Peel’s Community Mass Vaccination Plan (MVP) mark the milestone of over 100,000 doses of vaccine in the arms of our seniors, health care workers and Indigenous adults, we’re gradually turning the tide in our fight against COVID-19. These efforts from across the Region have resulted in the:
- Completion of both doses of vaccine to long-term care home and high-risk retirement home residents and staff before the provincial deadline
- Continued vaccination of eligible priority groups, including seniors 75 and 80 years and older, Indigenous adults, and health care workers
- Opened Public Health Vaccination Clinics across Peel, as well as partnered with health care partners to offer clinics in nearby hospitals
- Participated in Primary Care Pilot Program with partners across Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga
- Launch of mobile clinics in senior’s buildings.
“Reaching this milestone represents a significant step forward, I’m so thankful for our partners, our planning teams, and the frontline workers who are working day in and day out to grow capacity in the system, and invite in more and more residents and workers in Peel to be vaccinated. This milestone is also a reminder that we have a lot of work ahead of us. We’ve learned that taking care of each other during the pandemic involves a number of measures – and vaccination is one important piece of that journey towards health and recovery.”
- Dr. Lawrence Loh, Medical Officer of Health
Visit peelregion.ca for regular updates on priority groups and clinic locations and follow @regionofpeel on social media for news on COVID-19 and vaccine availability.
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.