News Release: March 19, 2020
Update on the Region of Peel services and facility closures
Brampton, ON (March 19, 2020) – The Region of Peel is announcing service changes and facility closures as part of a coordinated regional response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Regional building closures/restrictions – effective Friday, March 20, 2020
7120 Hurontario St., Mississauga, will be closed to the public but open to staff and contractors.
10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton:
- Suite A will be closed to the public but open to staff and contractors.
- Suite B will be open with restricted access to the public. It will remain open to staff and contractors.
- Residents are asked to call the Region at 905-791-7800 with their inquiries and to make an appointment before coming to Suite B.
- Residents will be screened at the main entrance to Suite B.
The following Service Peel counter changes are in effect due to the building closures above:
- Human Services reception areas will be closed. Ontario Works appointments are being completed over the phone: 905-793-9200 if you live in Brampton or Mississauga; 1-800-327-5379 if you live in Caledon. Residents should not come to the office in person unless they have spoken to a caseworker who has directed them to do so.
- Anyone needing the services of the Regional Clerk (Council agendas, serving liens, statements of claims or Freedom of Information Requests) can call 905-791-7800, ext. 4465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Works information – visit peelregion.ca, email PWReception@peelregion.ca or call 416-262-1008.
Important information resources
For local municipal service updates:
Manager, Strategic Client Communications
Region of Peel
Specialist, Corporate Communications
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.