News Release: March 16, 2020
Regional services and facilities temporarily affected to reduce risk of COVID-19 in Peel
Brampton, ON. (Mar. 16, 2020) – Until further notice, some Regional services and facilities are temporarily affected to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in Peel. The Region will continue to update residents of any changes.
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres – community based early learning centers
- 2020 income tax preparation clinics
- All Oral Health clinics
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA)
- Healthy Sexuality Public Health clinics in Brampton, Bolton, Meadowvale, Malton, and Hope 24/7
- Peel Youth Village community – use of gym equipment will not be available
- Peel Living – all party rooms and common rooms in Peel Living buildings are closed (all related programming cancelled)
Cancellations and service changes
- Ontario Works and Employment workshops are cancelled
- Peel Living – only emergency work orders will be completed for Peel Living buildings
- Adult prenatal classes, Healthy Start program, and the Teen prenatal supper club are cancelled. Online options are available
- Community Recycling Centres are no longer accepting cash payments
The following service changes will begin Wed., March 18 and stay in effect until further notice:
- Passengers will only be able to travel for dialysis, work, groceries, pharmacy and medical appointments. All non-essential travel will be suspended.
- Passengers will be asked screening questions when calling to book a trip.
If you are homeless, you can still access Regional shelters. Please call shelters in advance to allow for appropriate screening.
Region of Peel
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.