Make an inquiry and access the Region's latest news releases, public notices and Council decisions.
Your inquiry has been submitted. A member of our Communications team will get back to you within 2 business days.
For urgent or time-sensitive media inquiries, call 905-454-3707.
Email News Summaries to be added to our media release distribution list.
Recent news releases
- Celebrate Black History and Family Day this February at PAMA and much more! - February 1
- Statement from Regional Chair Iannicca and Peel Regional Council on the passing of Hazel McCallion - January 29
- Highlights from Day Two of the Region of Peel's 2023 Budget Presentations - January 27
- Region of Peel's 2022 Continuous Improvement Program Achieves Improved Service Delivery - January 20
- Highlights from Day One of the Region of Peel's 2023 Budget Presentations - January 19
- Regional Council to begin deliberating Peel’s Proposed 2023 Budget tomorrow - January 18
- Peel's garbage exemption period happens Jan. 23-Feb. 3 - January 17
- New Year, New Events at PAMA - January 12
- Region of Peel's proposed 2023 budget now available - January 5
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion survey asks for input from Peel community - January 3
- Region of Peel Christmas tree collection starts next week - January 3
Attending Council meetings
Members of the media are welcome to attend Regional Council meetings. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers at the Regional headquarters located at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton.
Meeting dates are available on the Regional Council meetings calendar.
The Region’s Multicultural Media Program is a paid advertisement program for media outlets.
We use this program to place translated advertisements in various print and online publications. These ads communicate and promote select Regional programs, services and events to specific multicultural communities throughout Peel.
A print or online publication must qualify and register to be considered for the program.
To qualify, a publication must serve a specific community in one of the top 10 languages in Peel.
According to the 2016 Canadian Census, these languages are:
- Chinese (simplified or traditional)
- Tagalog (Pilipino/Filipino)
If a publication qualifies, we will include it in our randomly assigned annual advertising cycle.
Registering does not guarantee that we’ll place an advertisement in a publication. Every 4 years, in conjunction with the Region’s Term of Council, we’ll ask publications to validate their information or re-register.
- Public notices – Notices of studies, construction or other required announcements
- Regional Council meetings calendar – schedule of Regional Council and Committee meetings
- Community for Life dashboard – Snapshot of Regional services and progress
- Data portal – Source for Region of Peel data
- Our brand – Peel Region's story in visuals, words, and actions.