Make an inquiry and access the Region's latest news releases, public notices and Council decisions.
Your inquiry has been submitted. A member of our Communications team will get back to you within 2 business days.
For urgent or time-sensitive media inquiries, call 905-454-3707.
Email News Summaries to be added to our media release distribution list.
Recent news releases
- Support teens in Peel by donating to a PAMA Self-Care Kit - May 31
- Where will your bike take you today? - May 30
- Spring garbage exemption period from June 12-23 in Peel - May 29
- Peel wins Municipal Waste Association's gold award - May 24
- Learn about Indigenous History at PAMA this June - May 24
- It's construction season: new video gives a behind-the-scenes view on watermain construction - May 23
- Statement from Regional Chair Nando Iannicca regarding the proposed legislation on governance for Peel - May 18
- PAMA launches a new online open access collections catalogue - May 17
- Peel Region appoints Deborah Arsenault as Director of Human Resources - May 16
- Victoria Day Holiday Service Hours at Peel Region - May 15
- Regional Council faced with stark reality of Peel's affordable housing crisis - May 11
- Peel Region receives Canadian Award for Financial Reporting - May 11
- Road and lanes closures at Erin Mills Pkwy and Fowler Dr/Leanne Blvd - May 16 - 25, 2023 - May 11
- The Transportation Tomorrow Survey (TTS) - Help Shape Transportation in Ontario - May 9
- Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Replacement - May 8
- 10 emergencies you can prepare for - May 8
- New Insights from Peel Region’s 2022 Workforce Census - May 3
- Temporarily closures to Coleraine Dr. from Countryside Drive to Hwy 50 in Brampton - May 3
- The Grown in Peel Local Food Guide is back - May 1
- Peel Region seeks Vacant Homes Tax authority to help increase housing supply - April 28
- Peel Region announces Jabari Lindsay as Director, Income and Social Supports - April 28
- Peel Region recognizes National Day of Mourning - April 28
- Celebrate Museum Month with PAMA this May - April 26
- Seasonal operating hours begin at three Community Recycling Centres - April 24
- Free confidential paper shredding returns to Peel - April 17
- National Work Zone Awareness Week – April 17 to 21, 2023 - April 17
- Traffic impacts: watermain inspection and repairs in Mississauga - April 13
- Peel takes part in Ontario’s Transportation Tomorrow Survey - April 12
- 911 Awareness Week in Peel - April 10
- Peel’s spring battery collection is back - April 4
- Peel Region receives the Corporate Recognition Award from Toastmasters International - March 29
- Good Friday Holiday Service Hours at Peel Region - March 29
- Celebrate Sikh Heritage Month at PAMA this April - March 29
- Peel Region and Peel Regional Police raise nearly $290,000 for United Way - March 23
- Suspected cases of Avian Influenza detected in Peel Region - March 17
- Peel outlines strategies and assistance needed to meet provincial housing targets - March 14
- Peel Region Announces Gary Kent as next CAO - March 10
- Peel calls for immediate action to address affordable housing crisis - March 9
- Yard waste collection begins the week of March 6 across the Region - March 3
- March break fun is back at PAMA - March 1
- PAMA launches exhibition refresh in 2023 - February 15
- Family Day Holiday Service Hours at the Region of Peel - February 13
- Region of Peel's 2023 Budget Approved by Council - February 2
- Celebrate Black History and Family Day this February at PAMA and much more! - February 1
- Statement from Regional Chair Iannicca and Peel Regional Council on the passing of Hazel McCallion - January 29
- Highlights from Day Two of the Region of Peel's 2023 Budget Presentations - January 27
- Region of Peel's 2022 Continuous Improvement Program Achieves Improved Service Delivery - January 20
- Highlights from Day One of the Region of Peel's 2023 Budget Presentations - January 19
- Regional Council to begin deliberating Peel’s Proposed 2023 Budget tomorrow - January 18
- Peel's garbage exemption period happens Jan. 23-Feb. 3 - January 17
- New Year, New Events at PAMA - January 12
- Region of Peel's proposed 2023 budget now available - January 5
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion survey asks for input from Peel community - January 3
- Region of Peel Christmas tree collection starts next week - January 3
Attending Council meetings
Members of the media are welcome to attend Regional Council meetings. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers at the Regional headquarters located at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton.
Meeting dates are available on the Regional Council meetings calendar.
The Region’s Multicultural Media Program is a paid advertisement program for media outlets.
We use this program to place translated advertisements in various print and online publications. These ads communicate and promote select regional programs, services and events to specific multicultural communities throughout Peel.
A print or online publication must qualify and register to be considered for the program.
To qualify, a publication must serve a specific community in one of the top languages in Peel (Punjabi, Urdu or Arabic). For more info on Peel top languages, visit the Peel Data Portal.
If a publication qualifies, we will include it in our randomly assigned annual advertising cycle.
Registering does not guarantee that we’ll place an advertisement in a publication. Every 4 years, in conjunction with Peel Region’s Term of Council, we’ll ask publications to validate their information or re-register.