Make an inquiry and access the Region's latest news releases, public notices and Council decisions.
Your inquiry has been submitted. A member of our Communications team will get back to you within 2 business days.
For urgent or time-sensitive media inquiries, call 905-454-3707.
Email News Summaries to be added to our media release distribution list.
Recent news releases
- Grown in Peel is back - May 19
- Region of Peel Public Works wins two awards; including national Top Ten Leader Award - May 17
- Victoria Day Holiday Service Hours at the Region of Peel - May 17
- Be ready for anything - May 2
- Seasonal operating hours begin at three Community Recycling Centres - April 29
- Region of Peel and PRPS raise nearly $260,000 for United Way - April 29
- Region of Peel Recognizes National Day of Mourning - April 28
- Get ready for a fusion of theatre, escape-room and scavenger-hunt-style challenges this Museum Month at PAMA - April 27
- Traffic impacts: watermain repair reduces lanes on Dixie Road north of Bloor Street in Mississauga - April 21
- Region of Peel Outlines Key Priorities for June Provincial Election - April 14
- Peel Region seeks public input on potential Vacant Homes Tax to increase affordable housing supply - April 13
- Do you know when to call 911? - April 11
- Work zones are a sign to slow down - April 11
- Good Friday Holiday Service Hours at the Region of Peel - April 7
- Residential Rat Control Subsidy Pilot Program in Peel has been extended - April 4
- PAMA's Art Gallery and Courthouse reopen to the public on April 7 - March 30
- Get ready for Peel's battery collection this spring! - March 28
- Region of Peel announces Aretha Adams as Regional Clerk - March 24
- Region of Peel's declared emergency to end on March 24, 2022 - March 24
- Regional Council Introduces Incentives to Increase Long Term Care and Hospice Supply in Peel - March 10
- Yard waste collection begins the week of March 7 across the Region - March 3
- What’s on virtually with PAMA this March! - March 3
- Peel Public Health rescinds Letter of Instruction for persons aged 12 and older participating in indoor organized sports - March 1
- Family Day Holiday Service Hours at the Region of Peel - February 14
- New in Peel: Pay your water bill online; anywhere, anytime - February 14
- Region of Peel announces Sean Baird as Commissioner of Human Services - February 7
- Traffic impacts: watermain repair reduces lanes on Castlemore Road in Brampton - February 2
- PAMA Celebrates Black History Month and will Welcome Back Visitors for a one-day-only Free Family Day Event - February 2
- Doses after Dark returns with extended hours in Brampton and Mississauga - February 1
- Temporary changes to curbside waste collection - January 31
- 90% of eligible Peel residents 12 years and over are double vaccinated - January 25
- Supply changes allow for choice of Pfizer or Moderna at Peel clinics - January 21
- Additional Boosters for 18+ Now Available at Rockwood Mall - January 19
- New Rockwood Mall vaccine clinic opens January 19 - January 17
- Waste services affected due to inclement weather - January 17
- Temporary changes to waste collection due to rise in COVID cases - January 14
- PAMA and Peel Long Term Care Commemorate Alzheimer’s Awareness Month - January 10
- Avoid short term damages from excessive salt use - January 7
- Region of Peel Christmas tree collection starts next week - January 6
- No winter garbage exemption period in Peel due to rising COVID-19 cases - January 5
Attending Council meetings
Members of the media are welcome to attend Regional Council meetings. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers at the Regional headquarters located at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton.
Meeting dates are available on the Regional Council meetings calendar.
The Region’s Multicultural Media Program is a paid advertisement program for media outlets.
We use this program to place translated advertisements in various print and online publications. These ads communicate and promote select Regional programs, services and events to specific multicultural communities throughout Peel.
A print or online publication must qualify and register to be considered for the program.
To qualify, a publication must serve a specific community in one of the top 10 languages in Peel.
According to the 2016 Canadian Census, these languages are:
- Chinese (simplified or traditional)
- Tagalog (Pilipino/Filipino)
If a publication qualifies, we will include it in our randomly assigned annual advertising cycle.
Registering does not guarantee that we’ll place an advertisement in a publication. Every 4 years, in conjunction with the Region’s Term of Council, we’ll ask publications to validate their information or re-register.