Construction is underway to develop this third-party led project of 68 supportive housing units in Mississauga.
- Applications open
Lakeshore Lofts is being funded through a successful partnership between the Region of Peel, Indwell Community Homes, the Government of Canada, and the Province of Ontario.
Construction is expected to be complete by the end of 2021.
425 Lakeshore Road East is located in Mississauga and is walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, and community landmarks such as:
- Spruce Park
- Adamson Estate
- The Derry House
Lakeshore Lofts is also close to fitness centres, banks, and Mississauga Transit.
Lakeshore Lofts was created with the community in mind. A supportive housing model will connect residents to health and wellness resources while creating a sense of belonging.
The targeted population Indwell aims to serve includes people with physical disabilities, mental health challenges, substance abuse and addictions issues, and those managing multiple diseases or disorders.
- 4 storey-building with 68 rooms
- 45 standard 1-bedroom units
- 17 barrier-free 1-bedroom units and 6 fully barrier-free studio units
- Accessible common spaces and elevators
- Indoor room for parking bicycles and mobility scooters
- Ground floor commercial space that will become the new location for The Compass, a community space for residents across South Mississauga to access a variety of services
- Energy efficient, being designed to the Passive House standard
- November 2019: Construction begins.
- July 2019: Indwell hosts a community meeting for Mississauga residents to introduce its first supported affordable housing program.
- July 2018: Regional Council approves the contract for new supportive housing in Peel be awarded to Indwell Community Homes.
- April 2017: Region of Peel staff issues a request for expression of interest to identify parties interested in developing new supportive housing projects in Peel.
The Lakeshore Lofts project was presented to Regional Council on July 18, 2018.
For a copy of the Council report, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to Lakeshore Lofts, submit an application and select Mississauga as the preferred location. Once a staff member contacts you to confirm receipt of application, you can indicate your interest in Lakeshore Lofts.
Email email@example.com for more information about the planning and development of our projects.