This third-party led project is providing 68 supportive housing units in Mississauga.
- Applications open
Lakeshore Lofts is being funded through a successful partnership between the Region of Peel, Indwell Community Homes, the Government of Canada, and the Province of Ontario.
425 Lakeshore Road East is located in Mississauga and is walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, and community landmarks such as:
- Spruce Park
- Adamson Estate
- The Derry House
- RK McMillian Park
Lakeshore Lofts is also close to fitness centres, banks, Carmen Corbasson Community Centre, Port Credit Library, and Mississauga Transit.
Lakeshore Lofts was created with the community in mind. A supportive housing model will connect residents to health and wellness resources while creating a sense of belonging.
The targeted population Indwell aims to serve includes people with physical disabilities, mental health challenges, substance abuse and addictions issues, and those managing multiple diseases or disorders.
- 4 storey mixed-use building with 68 supportive housing units (62 one-bedroom and bachelor units)
- Ground floor commercial space that has become the new location for The Compass, a community space for residents across South Mississauga to access a variety of services
- Accessible common spaces and elevators
- Indoor room for parking bicycles and mobility scooters
- Energy efficient, being designed to the Passive House standard
- Lots of natural light.
- Thermostat-controlled heating and cooling.
- Energy-efficient refrigerator and stove in each unit.
- Roller shade blinds are included on all unit windows.
- Storage closets.
Barrier free units include:
- Power door operator entry into the unit.
- Large bedroom for easy circulation.
- Fully accessible washrooms.
- Fully accessible kitchens (clear space under counters, lower outlets).
- Wide corridors.
- February 2022: Construction ends, and tenants begin to move into the building.
- November 2019: Construction begins.
- July 2019: Indwell hosts a community meeting for Mississauga residents to introduce its first supported affordable housing program.
- July 2018: Regional Council approves the contract for new supportive housing in Peel be awarded to Indwell Community Homes.
- November 2017: The Region of Peel issues a request for pre-qualification to develop new supportive housing projects in Peel.
The Lakeshore Lofts project was presented to Regional Council on July 12, 2018.
For a copy of the Council report, email email@example.com.