East Avenue redevelopment project
Creating more affordable rental housing.
- Applications open
We’re developing the East Avenue site to replace its aging infrastructure and to take advantage of the available land to build more affordable housing units to serve the Peel community.
Most recently, the City of Mississauga has conditionally approved the project at the June 28 Planning & Development Committee meeting.
East Ave is a 1.9 acre site located at 958-960 East Avenue, Mississauga and is near:
- Dental clinics, pharmacies, and restaurants.
- AbleLiving services.
East Ave is also walking distance to Waterworks Park.
Peel Housing Corporation (PHC) will provide sustainable, affordable housing for Peel residents contributing to a complete community that’s age-friendly, connected, and environmentally responsible.
Currently, there are 2 buildings with 30 units total. Residents at 958-960 East Avenue have been provided other housing during this time.
The proposed design will create a 7-storey building with 151 units affordable housing units. It will include 1, 2, and 3-bedroom units.
This redevelopment will allow Peel Region to create new affordable rental units for households on the waitlist while increasing the supply of affordable rental housing on the market.
- January 2021: The public meeting information report is received at the City of Mississauga's Planning & Development Committee for information.
- July 2020: An Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-Law Application is submitted to City of Mississauga.
- April 2019: Preparation of the site for construction begins.
- December 2018: Project team initiates required planning approvals and design development.
- September 2017: The development moves forward with a preliminary budget of $45M to redevelop the East Avenue site.
- December 2016: A preliminary feasibility analysis and site study is conducted and shared with the Peel Living Board of Directors for review.