Credit River Way
Bringing 150 affordable rental housing units to Port Credit.
- Applications open
Peel Region is building new affordable rental housing units within the Brightwater community to increase housing for Peel residents.
The project has received full site plan approval and building permit. Construction is expected to be complete by late 2024.
200 Missinnihe Way is located in Ward 1, Mississauga, at 70 Mississauga Road South and 181 Lakeshore Rd. West, in the waterfront community of Port Credit. As part of Mississauga’s waterfront revitalization, Brightwater reanimates the former Imperial Oil lands in Port Credit.
Brightwater is close to:
- Medical clinics and pharmacies
- J.C. Saddington Park
Peel Region is working with FRAM Building Group to design and build an affordable rental housing project in the newly created waterfront community Brightwater, located in Port Credit, Mississauga.
The affordable housing project will provide 150 affordable rental housing units and be designed to be energy-efficient and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The units will include bachelor, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units.
This exciting new affordable housing development will be supported by nearby retail, parkland, commercial and campus spaces.
- October 2023: Council approves Credit River Way as the project’s official name.
- April 2023: The project receives Full Building permit.
- February 2023: The project’s Site Plan Application is approved.
- September 2022: The project's Minor Variance application is approved at City of Mississauga’s Committee of Adjustment.
- December 2021: The site plan application is submitted.
- December 2020: Regional Council approves agreement 2020-160N for the design and construction of affordable rental housing at Port Credit West Village be awarded to FS BW Block D GP Inc.
- July 2019: The public meeting information report is received at the City of Mississauga’s Planning and Development Committee for information.