Help with utility bills or rent to avoid eviction
We can help if you are at immediate risk of losing housing or are homeless.
You can also apply for assistance online using our 2-step process.
Step 1 – Create a Region of Peel account.
After clicking the ‘apply online’ button, follow the instructions to create a Region of Peel account. If you already have an account, you’ll be asked to log in to your account.
Step 2 – Log into your Region of Peel account.
Once you have logged in, you will receive an email message with a link to apply for the assistance.
- Canada Ontario Housing Benefit Program
Monthly benefit to help eligible residents pay rent
- Ontario Electricity Support Program
Lower-income residents may qualify for a reduction in your monthly electricity bills.
- Help for lower income households at the Ontario Energy Board
If you’re behind on your electricity or natural gas bill and face having your service disconnected, you may qualify for emergency financial help.
- Renting in Ontario - Know Your Rights at Ontario.ca
Read about the laws that protect you as a renter in Ontario.
- Landlord and Tenant Board at Social Justice Tribunals Ontario
Resolves disputes between residential landlords and tenants.