Getting active with your child
Learn about living actively with your family.
Physical activity is how you move and the energy you use while moving.
Children learn by watching us. Regular movement is good for your child’s physical, social, emotional and brain health. Enjoy indoor and outdoor active play with your child.
Physical literacy is the love of moving, building skills, and confidence to be active.
Basic movement skills of physical literacy help children:
- Understand the world around them.
- Make choices at their comfort level.
- Continue to learn and develop skills.
- Physical literacy and basic movement skills
- Fun ways to be active with your children
- Physical activity for children 4 years or younger
- Physical activity for children 5 to 17 years
EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer high-quality registered programs for families with children 6 years and younger.
If you would like to explore other options to be active with your child, there are great selections of programs offered through your local municipality.