Protection plans for your water and sanitary sewer pipes
Optional repair plans can save you money in an emergency.
The Region of Peel has partnered with Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to offer homeowners optional, affordable protection from unexpected home repairs.
The repair plans cover the costs of repairing or replacing the following private-side:
- Non-functioning water and sanitary sewer pipes.
- Non-functioning water and sanitary septic pipes.
- Broken interior plumbing systems.
SLWC is a private company that has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. It has helped Peel homeowners save over $1 million in service line repair costs since the partnership began in 2016.
Why we partnered with Service Line Warranties Canada
Our partnership with SLWC benefits residents in the following ways:
- Gives homeowners the option of protecting themselves from costly, unexpected repairs.
- Helps homeowners understand their responsibilities for maintaining, repairing, and replacing their private side pipes. This reduces unnecessary calls resulting in cost savings to the Region and taxpayers.
- Encourages homeowners to report water and sanitary sewer leaks right away. Timely repairs reduce expenses, water loss, and wastewater pollution.
- Allows SLWC to lower coverage prices as more people enrol.
How resident contact information is shared with SLWC
SLWC uses information from Data Axle, a Canadian database for consumer contact data.
Data Axle sources its data from either online or printed telephone directories that are available to the public or from other publicly available data sources (or both).
If contact data is available to the public, it’s considered to be in the “public domain.” Contact data in the public domain is exempt from Canada’s privacy legislation PIPEDA: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
With Peel Region’s permission, SLWC supplements its mailing lists with published addresses on Peel’s Open Data site.
Open Data is an initiative in Canada in which the Ontario government commits to providing freely shared data that can be used worldwide without restrictions.
As part of this initiative cities and municipalities in Ontario are providing address information on their websites.
General information about repair plans
Repair plans are not insurance
SLWC is offering a warranty service. Although the plans use terms like deductible, coverage, and exclusions, they are not insurance. They are a contract pledge to arrange a qualified contractor to repair your service pipes.
We encourage you to check with your home insurance provider before enrolling.
Repair plans are not a Region of Peel program
SLWC is a program partner. They are responsible for all aspects of the repair plans. SLWC was chosen through the Region of Peel’s public procurement process.
If you choose to enroll in a repair plan, understand that the Region of Peel is not responsible for SLWC’s work. We only want you to be aware of these plans since water, sanitary sewer or septic pipe, and interior plumbing repairs can be expensive.
Types of coverage
Exterior water service line coverage
This type of coverage includes repair costs for restoring flow to frozen, leaking, or broken:
- Water service lines from the outside of the home to the property line.
- Well lines from the outside of the home to the external wall of your well casing.
- Cistern lines from the outside of the home to the external wall of your cistern tank.
Exterior sewer or septic line coverage
This type of coverage includes repair costs for restoring water flow to frozen, leaking, broken, or clogged sanitary sewer/septic lines located outside the home to the property line or to the point the line connects to the septic tank.
Interior plumbing and drainage coverage
This type of coverage includes repair costs for clogged, leaking, or broken water and sanitary sewer lines inside the home, including drain lines connected to the main sewer stack.
How to enroll
There are 3 ways to enroll in a repair plan:
- Return the paper enrollment form you received in the mail.
- Call 1-866-922-9004.
- Visit SLWC’s website.
Remember: enrolling is your decision. You can choose to not enrol in any plan.