Community bathing program
Offering help to people that need assistance to bathe or who cannot safely use their bathroom at home.
Located at Sheridan Villa in Mississauga. Contact the Adult Day Services coordinator for current hours and availability.
On this page
Adults who are having trouble with at-home facilities are eligible.
This could include seniors, people with disabilities or individuals recovering from an illness, accident, or surgical procedure.
What you need
- A change of clothing.
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotions you use in your bath or shower.
- Personal products such as razor, shaving cream, deodorant.
- Wound dressing or treatments.
The program costs $5 for a one-hour appointment.
How to book an appointment
Contact Fang Xu at 437-224-8932 for information about availability and to book an appointment.
- Appointments need to be made at least 24-hours in advance.
- Appointments are scheduled based on availability and pre-registration.
Benefits of the bathing program
- Having support from a program like this can help you remain in you own home.
- The program also supports caregivers who can’t help their loved ones to bathe at home because of their own physical or health limitations, their loved ones physical limitations, or inadequate bathroom facilities in their home.
- You can shower in a private environment with safe, accessible facilities.
- Professional and caring staff provide care and assistance.
- Individualized care
We can help you to connect with other services in the community.
Other services provided
- Hair washing
- Basic nail care for hands and feet
- Changing the dressings on minor wounds
- Monitoring weight
- Referral to community resources as required
How to get to Sheridan Villa
You will need to arrange your own transportation to Sheridan Villa located at 2460 Truscott Dr. in Mississauga.
You can ask us about local transportation choices that will bring you to Sheridan Villa.