Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Local information phone numbers

About 811, 311, and 211

911 is the number to call for life-threatening emergencies or crimes in progress.

Other information

Calling 811 will connect you to health information and services.

The 811 phone line provides expert health care advice and saves unnecessary visits to the emergency room. It’s a simple way to connect to a registered nurse when you can’t reach, or don’t have, a regular health care provider.

Call 811 for answers to health-related questions and concerns about certain symptoms, such as:

  • abdominal pain
  • COVID-19 symptoms
  • depression, anxiety, panic attack, and other mental health symptoms
  • diabetes
  • diarrhea
  • dizziness
  • fever
  • headache
  • heart rate or heartbeat questions
  • high blood pressure
  • high or low blood sugar
  • nausea
  • rash
  • substance abuse and dependence (alcohol, tobacco, and drugs)
  • vomiting

You can also call 811 if:

  • You do not feel well, and you’re not sure what to do about it.
  • You need advice about a loved one with dementia.
  • You need information about healthy eating.
  • You recently had surgery and have a question about how looking after yourself afterwards.
  • You’re concerned about your mental health and want to speak with a professional.
  • You want information about health services in your area.
  • You have a chronic condition like diabetes and want advice about managing it at home.

If the medical concern is an emergency, call 911 immediately.

For more information about the 811 service, visit health made easy.

Calling 311 will connect you to the services provided by your municipality.

You can call 311 from anywhere in Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon for services they offer.

In Peel region, 311:

  • Is a partnership between the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, the Town of Caledon, and the Peel Region to provide Peel residents with simple access to municipal information.
  • Offers a single window of direct access to local municipal government programs and services.
  • Is free and available in languages spoken in Peel.
  • Connects you to representatives at Peel Region, the City of Brampton, the Town of Caledon, or the City of Mississauga.

Call 311 for answers to municipal-related questions and concerns about:

  • animal services
  • building permits
  • fire pits
  • garbage collection
  • library locations and hours
  • parking bylaws
  • parks and recreation programs
  • property taxes
  • requests for financial assistance
  • water bills

Specifically, call 311 if you’re:

  • Looking for legal help.
  • A newcomer to Canada looking for housing.
  • Seeking counselling for mental health or addiction issues for you or your family.
  • A laid-off employee wanting to know about available employment programs.
  • A caregiver for an elderly parent, and you’re feeling overwhelmed and need support.
  • A concerned relative or friend looking for available home support services for a senior.

Calling directly

If you wish, you can still call Peel Region or your Peel municipality directly.

If you know the name or extension of the person you want to speak to, use the 10-digit number.

  • Region of Peel: 905-791-7800, toll-free: 1-888-919-7800
  • City of Brampton: 905-874-2000, teletypewriter or text telephone – 905-874-2130
  • Town of Caledon: 905-584-2272
  • City of Mississauga: 905-615-4311, teletypewriter or text telephone – 905-896-5151

Calling 211 will connect you to local community-based health, social, and government services. It’s the number to call when you need help but aren’t sure where to turn.


  • Is a free, confidential telephone and internet-based database.
  • Helps you easily find and access the most appropriate community services and programs – such as counselling and legal help – then provides you with the best available resources in your community.
  • Helps professionals in business, government and community agencies, and individuals and families facing barriers due to language or personal circumstances.
  • Is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in over 150 languages.

You can call 211 from anywhere in Brampton, Caledon, and Mississauga.

Easy access through 211 is especially important for vulnerable people or those who face barriers in accessing services.

If you prefer, you can also search the Ontario 211 online database for answers to your questions and or concerns.