Sanitary sewer relining project
Various streets. Project # 21-2300D
- Storm Sewer Rehab Update – Dixie & Dundas Street – Nov 27, 2023
- Storm Sewer Rehab – Kennedy Road (S) – November 28, 2023
- November 17, 2023: Traffic Impact Notice Queen Street South of Downey Drive, Bolton
- November 17, 2023: Noise Bylaw Exemption Notice Dixie Road at Blundell Road
- November 16, 2023: Construction Commencement Barsuda Drive
- November 3, 2023: Noise Bylaw Exemption Notice Dixie Road and Dundas Street East
- October 30, 2023: Construction Commencement Bradco Boulevard
- October 20, 2023: Construction Commencement Etude Drive and Ambler Drive
- February 16, 2023: Laughton Avenue, Truscott Drive, Barsuda Drive, and Petrie Way
- February 15, 2023: Leavens Court
- February 15, 2023: Gripsholm Road
- February 6, 2023: Bradco Boulevard, Logmoss Crescent, Wilcox Road and Gripsholm Road
- February 6, 2023: Ambler Court and Jayson Court
- Location maps
The Region of Peel will be working in your neighbourhood to rehabilitate the existing sanitary sewer system Sanitary sewers are underground pipes that carry wastewater from your home to a wastewater treatment plant. Wastewater is created when water is flushed down the toilet, or goes down the drain in your sink, tub, or shower.
This sanitary sewer work will be completed by Infraspec Sewer Service under contract to the Region of Peel. To extend the service life of the sewer, Infraspec Sewer Services will clean the existing sewer pipe on your street and place a new resin (plastic) lining within it. This work will be completed underground with specialized equipment, and will not require digging trenches in your neighbourhood.
We expect to conduct this work in your neighbourhood on Summer of 2022 to Spring of 2023. Look for a schedule of works to show up in your mailbox.
Wastewater service interruptions
As part of the rehabilitation process, your sanitary sewer service may be out of service (plugged) for approximately 8 hours. This temporary interruption allows for the pipe to be repaired without digging up the street. To advise you of the exact date and time of this service interruption, Pipe Flo Contracting Corp. will provide you with a second notice at least 24 hours before the lining process begins.
It is important to minimize your water use during the service work:
- You may continue to wash your hands but minimize your water use.
- Do not use showers, dishwashers, or washing machine.
- Keep toilet flushing to a bare minimum.
These actions will reduce the possibility of sewage backing up into your basement or into your plumbing. If you have a sump pump, please notify us at email@example.com or tell the contractor when they arrive at your property.
You may smell some odours while the synthetic resin inside the sewer cures. These odours are temporary and will dissipate within a few hours. You can prevent or minimize these odours by making sure you have water in all of your drains, including your basement floor drain. We recommend pouring a bucket of water down the floor drain and running the water in all sinks, showers, and tubs for a minute, either the evening before or day of the relining work.
Safety during construction
Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible. To learn more about how to stay safe in construction zones, visit peelregion.ca/construction/workzonesafety.
Keeping you informed
Thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary work. This work will allow us to continue providing you with high quality wastewater services.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Wastewater Collection and Conveyance
Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409