Advance notice sanitary sewer replacement and improvement
Kings Cross Road and Easement. Project 22-2300A1
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the sanitary sewer pipes and maintenance holes in your area within the next year, as shown on the attached map. Sanitary sewers are underground pipes that carry wastewater from your home to a wastewater treatment plant. Wastewater is created when water goes down the drain or is flushed down the toilet. As pipes age and our population grows, we need to replace older sewers to keep providing high quality wastewater services to you.
This upcoming construction will take place in:
- The municipal right-of way, the land owned by your city between the street and your water service box (small, round metal valve in either your driveway or lawn),
- In certain locations where the Region of Peel has obtained legal access through easements.
This work may impact the bottom of your driveway and the area around the sidewalk. We therefore recommend delaying any major landscaping or driveway paving until after this construction has been completed.
Before construction begins
Before we start construction, you may notice several activities in your area:
- We will survey your street and use temporary spray paint or flags to mark the location of underground gas, hydro, and cable on roads, driveways, and lawns.
- We may drill holes in the road or municipal right-of-way (the land between the street and your water service box) to collect soil samples, determine ground conditions, or confirm utility locations.
- We will take pictures and record video to help us restore the area as close as possible to its former condition, after construction takes place.
We expect these activities to take place between February 2023 and December 2023.
Keeping you informed
We are currently in the early planning stages, so we can't give exact dates for when we will do the work. In addition, as your city's future planning activities may change, we may alter our plans to replace sanitary sewers in your neighbourhood. We will deliver more detailed information to your home or business closer to the proposed construction date.
Sign up for email notices
Receive timely updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
Information on this project can also be found at https://peelregion.ca/pw/construction/bram/22-2300A1.asp
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Wastewater Collection and Conveyance
Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409