Goreway Drive. Project 17-1168S
- April 2019: Resurfacing on Goreway Drive (PDF)
- October 2018: Schedule Update on Goreway Drive (PDF)
- July 2018: Lane Reductions at Intermodal Dr and Goreway Dr Intersection (PDF)
- May 14, 2018: Temporary Driveway Restrictions - Canadian Tire Distribution Centre (8550 Goreway Drive) (PDF)
- April 10, 2018: Watermain Installation on Goreway Dr (North of Armthorpe Rd). Will Impact and Reduce Northbound Traffic Lanes. (PDF)
- March, 2018: Watermain Installation across Canadian Tire Driveway and Armthorpe Road (PDF)
- January 18, 2018: Speed Limit Reduction on Goreway and Humberwest Parkway (PDF)
- December 2017: Goreway Drive (PDF)
What we are doing
- Installing a new watermain along Goreway Drive from Auction Lane to Intermodal Drive. View area map (PDF).
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work in October 2017 starting at Goreway Drive and Intermodal Drive.
- The project should be completed before June 2019. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Scott Durdle||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 5052|
|Tedescon Infrastructure Limited
Tedescon Infrastructure Limited will do the work, under contract to Region of Peel
|Reeba Arif||Project Manager||647-406-7467|
|Daniel Szuba||Site Supervisor||416-571-4134|
|Aecom Canada Limited
Aecom will manage and oversee the work, under contract to Region of Peel
|Chris Bhawanie||Contract Administrator||647-274-6773|
|Kevin Martin||Construction Inspector||416-884-5360|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- We will need to reduce Goreway Drive traffic to a single lane during working hours. As work progresses, lanes will be reopened to minimize the impact on traffic.
- Expect delays and please obey traffic control signs and flag persons when present.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If immediate access to your driveway is needed, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- Pedestrian sidewalk access on both sides of Goreway Drive will be maintained at all times.
- Brampton Transit stops may be temporarily relocated when working close to each stop. Please follow posted signs to the nearest alternative or relocated stop location.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the Project Manager or Construction Inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.