Widening and reconstruction of The Gore Road
Queen Street to Highway 50. Project 10-4070 and 15-4080
- We have finished the work for phase 1. Phase 1: Hwy 50 to Kelsway Circle, of this project is under warranty until September, 2021. Phase 2: Queen St. Intersection Improvements, of this project is under warranty until July, 2022.
- Widening and reconstruction of the Gore Road from 2–lanes to 4–lanes
- Replacement of the Clarkway Drive Tributary structure on the Gore Road and realignment of the Clarkway Drive Tributary
- Construction of retaining walls along the Gore Road
- Construction of relief culverts on Manswood Crescent
- Modifying the horizontal alignment
- Addition of northbound and southbound left turn lanes
- Transit Improvements
- Reconstruction of Gore Road and Queen Street intersection (Provisional)
- The reconstruction of the intersection of The Gore Road and Queen Street has been included as provisional works in this construction contract. The reconstruction of the intersection was advanced from a future project and included as provisional works, in an attempt to address current operational problems at the intersection
South of Queen St. to Hwy 50
- June 26, 2017: Construction begins
- Finish: Substantially Completed, Winter 2018
Queen St. Intersection Improvements
- Start: Winter 2018
- Finish: Fall 2020
Who you can call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Ommar Moeen||Project Manager||905–791–7800 ext. 7998|
|Marc Vaccari||Regional Inspector||905-791-5997 ext. 3246/47|
|Graham Bros. Construction Limited
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Tony Mastroianni||Project Manger||905–453–1200|
|Quinton Oates||Superintendent||905–867–2099 (cell)|
- The Contractor's working hours are from 7AM to 7PM, Monday to Friday. The Contractor is permitted to work on Saturdays if they choose to.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Temporary lane closures are necessary to complete the works.
- Peel Regional Police may be present during initial lane closures, milling and paving operations and at intersections to direct traffic safely.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- If we need to block your driveway, you will be contacted for alternate access.
- We will ensure residents and businesses have access at all times.
- Please contact the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please contact the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.