Pay water bill
There are several ways you can pay and keep track of your water bill in Peel Region.
On this page
You're eligible for this service if you have a Region of Peel water account and have been issued a water bill.
What you need
To pay your bill, you’ll need your Region of Peel water bill or account number.
There are no Region of Peel fees for paying your water bill on time. If you pay your bill by credit card or VISA debit, there may be a service charge.
Late payment fees
- If you don't pay your bill on time, there will be a late payment charge.
- Should the bill remain unpaid, your outstanding balance may be transferred to your property tax roll. You'll also be charged additional administrative fees for the transfer.
How to pay
To have your payment automatically withdrawn from your bank account, complete and submit our Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement form.
You can submit the form by:
- Email: PaymentsNew@peelregion.ca
- Fax to 905-791-2178
- Dropping off at one of our locations.
- Mail to:
The Region of Peel
P.O. Box 2099, Station B,
Brampton, ON L6T 3X2
Attention: Water Billing
Get notifications when your water bill is ready and make payments online with online billing.
Most Canadian banks offer online banking for water bill payments. You'll need your 10-digit water account number to set up the bill payee. When searching for the bill payee, include the words Peel water or Region of Peel water.
Call 905-791-8711 and select option 1. Have your account number ready. Payments can be made by bank account, credit card, or VISA debit.
We only accept cheques if you pay by mail. We also accept post-dated cheques.
Mail cheques to our payment processing centre at:
Regional Municipality of Peel
P.O. Box 4512, Station A
Toronto ON M5W 4L4
At your bank
Pay your water bill at your bank branch or through your bank's automated bank machine (ABM). Bring your water bill or water payment stub to the bank.
We accept in-person payments by cheque, cash, or debit at one of our locations with the exception of the Town of Caledon, who only accepts payments by cheque in a sealed envelope with stub.
Who to contact
If you have a question or need more details about this service, email Water and wastewater bills.
If you don't pay your bill on time, there will be a late payment charge. Should the bill remain unpaid, your outstanding balance may be transferred to your property tax roll. You’ll also be charged additional administrative fees for the transfer.
Late payments by cheque
If you are mailing your cheque and we receive it after the due date, a late payment charge will apply. Be sure to give enough time to mail your cheque so that it can be processed by the due date. Setting up pre-authorized payments will ensure that you pay your bill on time.
Non-sufficient funds (NSF) returns
NSF charges will be applied if a payment is rejected due to insufficient funds in your bank account.
If you're set up for pre-authorized payments and a payment is rejected due to NSF, we will not retry withdrawing the payment, and you'll have to manually make another payment for your bill.
Going on Vacation
If you're going on an extended vacation, you can:
- Set up pre-authorized payment from your bank account. That way you won't have to worry about missing your water bill due date while you're away.
- Make an advanced payment for an amount based on your last bill. Any balances or adjustments can be made upon your return.
Tenants and Payments
- Tenants pay their water bills the same way as home and business owners. Your landlord is responsible for telling the Region that you're paying the bill.
- If you're a tenant paying the water bill and you move to another address in Peel, we'll apply a Change of Occupancy Fee to your account.