Residential Rat Subsidy Program Terms and Conditions
In consideration of receiving the subsidy under the Residential Rat Subsidy Program (the “Program”) from The Regional Municipality of Peel (the “Region of Peel”) the Applicant, as further defined below, acknowledges and agrees to the following
- “Area Municipality” is defined as the municipality in which the residential property receiving the benefit of the work is located (i.e., City of Brampton, Town of Caledon, or City of Mississauga).
- The Applicant is the registered owner or occupant of the residential property identified in the application.
- The Program will provide a 50% subsidy of the incurred costs up to a maximum of $200 for the period from June 1, 2020 until December 31, 2020 and January 1, 2021 until February 28, 2021, per calendar year (date purchased or date of service), per residential address (City of Brampton, Town of Caledon, or City of Mississauga).
- Applications will be accepted until June 1, 2021.
- The Application should include all rat traps, baits, and rat control services intended to be rebated for that calendar year by the Applicant.
- The Region of Peel may deny any application that does not meet the Program requirements outlined in the Program Details or these Terms and Conditions.
- Only items related to rat control will be eligible (e.g., traps, baits, and professional pest control services). The Region of Peel reserves the right not to reimburse any expenses it considers ineligible. The subsidy does not include any other pest control.
- The Region of Peel does not guarantee or warrant any of the following: the quality of the pest control products or services used or the performance, quality of workmanship or suitability of the products thereof for any purpose, or that said products are free from defects, or the suitability of the premises for application. Further, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees to assume any and all additional costs of the services performed or any ongoing rat control services beyond the rebate amount.
- To indemnify, save, and hold harmless the Region of Peel, and its agents, officials, officers, councillors, and employees (collectively, the agents) against all liability, loss, costs, damages, and expenses, causes of action, actions, claims, demands, lawsuits and other proceedings, by whomever made, sustained, brought or prosecuted, including by third parties, involving bodily injury, death, personal injury, and property damage, in any way based upon, occasioned by or attributable to the Applicant’s participation in this Program, including any negligence on the part of the Region of Peel, or its agents.
- The Region of Peel shall have no responsibility or obligation to address concerns related to neighbouring properties.
- Access to the exterior of the residential property may be required by the Region of Peel and Regional representatives in the event a verification visit is needed. As part of processing your application, the Region has the right to do a verification visit and may call to schedule a visit. You do not need to be home during the verification visit. The Applicant agrees to co-operate with the Region of Peel and/or the Regional representatives to provide reasonable access to the residential property.
- The Region of Peel reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or alter the Program at any time or refuse, in their sole discretion, all further applications.
- The Applicant agrees to refund such subsidy to the Region of Peel on request, if this application contains any material misstatement or misrepresentation on such Applicants’ behalf, or if the Applicant breaches any of such terms or conditions; the Region of Peel shall have the rights to collect any such rebate through any methods available at law.
Notice With Respect To The Collection of Personal Information
(Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 S.O. 2001, c. 25 and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.P 1990, c.M.56 (“MFIPPA”) and will be retained, used, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with all applicable municipal, federal and provincial laws and regulations governing the collection, retention, use, disclosure and disposal of information, including MFIPPA. Information will be used for the purpose of processing the rebate application and verifying compliance with the Program. Any questions regarding this collection may be directed to the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800 to be forwarded to an appropriate staff member.