Other Transportation Projects
Transportation Highway/Road Improvements in Peel
The Region of Peel is taking part in these projects and efforts to support and improve Peel's highways and roads:
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO), Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and LINK427 have entered into a contract to design, build, finance and maintain the Highway 427 Expansion project. The Highway 427 Expansion project will extend the highway 6.6 km, from Highway 7 to Major Mackenzie Drive and widen the existing highway to eight lanes between Finch Avenue and Highway 7. New interchanges will be added at Langstaff Road, Rutherford Road and Major Mackenzie Drive. Visit LINK427 for more information.
- Notice of Public Information Centre #4 (PDF)
Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Notice of Public Information Centre #3 (PDF)
Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Notice of Public Information Centre #2 (PDF)
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Temporary Zenway Closure for Sewer Connections between Hwy 50 and Hwy 27 in both directions. Bulletin #15:
- Friday, June 21, 10pm to Monday, June 24, 5am
- Friday, June 28, 10pm to Tuesday, July 2, 5am
- Long-term lane reductions on Highway 7 between Vaughan Valley Boulevard and New Huntington Road, are scheduled from May 6, 2019 through July 2020. Bulletin #11
The Bolton Transportation Master Plan (BTMP) was completed by the Region of Peel and the Town of Caledon to address the transportation issues in Bolton using an integrated approach.
A master plan for Peel created through a study of roadway requirments as part of the future Highway 427 extension.
An update to the 2004 report, taking into account:
- The future transportation needs of Caledon.
- The most current plan for the Highway 427 extension.
- Estimates of Caledon's population growth to over 100,000 residents by 2031.
A study conducted to identify carpool lot opportunities in Peel in order to reduce traffic congestion on Peel's roads.
A study of long-term transportation problems and their alternatives to improve transportation in the GTA West Corridor.
A joint study between the Region of Peel and Halton Region to provide a roadway network near the Halton-Peel boundary.
Studies of how a proposed project - such as improving a road - will affect the environment.