Road Occupancy Permit
The following information is required a minimum of one (1) week prior in order to process and approve a Road Occupancy Permit.
Applicant Completed Information
- Applicant's name including surname, or company name
- Full and complete address of applicant
- Business telephone number to be filled out by all applicants
- After-hours contact and telephone number must be completed by all applicants
- If applicable, the sub-contractor and foreman name with contact information
- Estimated dates for construction
- If applicable, the Region project number and project manager
- Type of work and purpose (please confirm repair or new).
- Regional road name
- Generalized location - i.e. major or minor cross streets including north-south limits or west-east limits
- The area municipality in which the property is situated
- A detailed drawing which includes the full scope of proposed work
- A drawing illustrating the full Traffic Control Plan
- Two copies of plans where the work is to be carried out for excavation work only
Road Occupancy Permit Fees
Traffic Development Administration and Road Fee increases are being phased in starting in 2021 and continue into 2022.
Fee changes effective July 1, 2021.As of July 1, 2021, 50 per cent increase to existing fees, and implementation of new fee categories will take effect.
- Provide a non-refundable application fee as per the Region’s Fees By-Law. Payment can be made in person or via telephone using Visa, Mastercard, or cheque made payable to “Region of Peel”. We also accept Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT).
- For applications covered under a Municipal Access Agreement (MAA), the fees are $455 for the permit processing.
- The Region requires a minimum of seven (7) days to process the Road Occupancy Permit application.
- When applicable, a PUCC final approval form must be provided from the applicable municipality for relocation or installation of public utilities prior to obtaining the road occupancy permit.
- All applicants excluding municipalities, plant owners and their designated contractors require an Insurance Certificate (PDF) - $5 million minimum, naming the Region of Peel and Area Municipality as additional insured.
For more information, please contact:
The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Email questions and comments