Road Occupancy Permit
The following information is required a minimum of one (1) week prior in order to process and approve a Road Occupancy Permit.
Applicant Completed Information
- Applicant's name including surname, or company name
- Full and complete address of applicant
- Business telephone number to be filled out by all applicants
- After-hours contact and telephone number must be completed by all applicants
- If applicable, the sub-contractor and foreman name with contact information
- Estimated dates for construction
- If applicable, the Region project number and project manager
- Type of work and purpose (please confirm repair or new).
- Regional road name
- Generalized location - i.e. major or minor cross streets including north-south limits or west-east limits
- The area municipality in which the property is situated
- A detailed drawing which includes the full scope of proposed work
- A drawing illustrating the full Traffic Control Plan
- Two copies of plans where the work is to be carried out for excavation work only
- Provide a non-refundable application fee of $450.00. Payment methods accepted include Visa, MasterCard or a cheque made payable to the Region of Peel.
- For applications covered under a Municipal Access Agreement (MAA), the fees are $455 for the permit processing.
- The Region requires a minimum of seven (7) days to process the Road Occupancy Permit application.
- When applicable, a PUCC final approval form must be provided from the applicable municipality for relocation or installation of public utilities prior to obtaining the road occupancy permit.
- All applicants excluding municipalities, plant owners and their designated contractors require an Insurance Certificate (PDF) - $5 million General Liability minimum, naming the Region of Peel and Area Municipality as additional insured.
For more information, please contact:
The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Email questions and comments