Widening and reconstruction of Mississauga Road
Projects 02-4090, 06-4025 and 12-4040
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2021.
- Update: April 6, 2018 (PDF)
What we are doing
- Widening and reconstruction of Mississauga Road and Bovaird Drive intersection.
- Remove and replace two (2) culverts
- Installation of 1200mm and 900mm Concrete Pressure Pipe watermains and valve chamber
- Construction of a geotextile reinforced retaining wall along Huttonville Creek
- Installation of an LID system along the east side of Mississauga Road, South of Bovaird Drive;
- Installation of landscaping along Mississauga Road and along Huttonville Creek
- Installation of enhanced swales along the west side of Mississauga Road, South of Bovaird Drive;
- Approximately 300m north of Williams Parkway to approximately 330m north of Bovaird Drive and the widening and reconstruction of Bovaird Drive from 300m west of Mississauga Road to 530m east of Mississauga Road. View area map (PDF).
- Start: June, 2016
- Finish: Project is essentially complete.
Who you can call
The work will be performed by Varcon Construction Corporation with Contract Administration services provided by WSP Group on behalf of the Region of Peel. The contact names and telephone numbers are listed below:
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|John Hasselbacher||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7912|
|Asad Rauf||Senior Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Varcon Construction Corporation|
|Mark Golding||Project Manager||905-794-2041|
|Chris Martin||Site Superintendent||647-529-7209|
|Bob Koziol||Project Manager||905-882-4211|
|Richard David||Contract Administrator||647-291-7769|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m to 7 p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- Temporary lane closures will be required during non-peak hours.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway access will be maintained in so far as possible.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any special needs.