Winter housing and homeless support
Help for our vulnerable communities during the colder months
In Peel there are many programs available to support housing, shelter and fundamental needs.
Offering 24/7 support for urgent homelessness needs, food, shelter access, referrals and more. The Street Helpline connects to our mobile Street Outreach team who can often come to your location to help. If you’re in crisis or face an urgent need, call us.
Shelter Intake Line
We can help you find the best option in any Peel shelter, including in adult, youth and family shelters.
Out of the Cold Program at St. Leonard’s Place Peel
1105 Queen St E, Brampton
An out of the cold program for men aged 18 years or older experiencing homelessness. The program runs from November to March 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Overnight shelter operating under full COVID-19 preventing protocols
- Access to health care, primary health care, referrals and information
- Winter clothing such as hats and gloves
- Shower facilities, laundry facilities, hygiene items, small locker space for belongings
- Snacks and breakfast
Inn From the Cold Program at West Edge Church
157 Lakeshore Rd W., Mississauga
An out of the cold program for anyone experiencing homelessness. The program runs from January to March daily 9 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Warm space in south Mississauga during our coldest weather.
- Overnight shelter operating under full COVID-19 prevention protocols
- Access to showers laundry facilities and hygiene items.
- Room for up to 18 people.
- Light snacks and beverages.
- Dedicated spaces for men and women.
Regeneration Meal Program and Supports
156 Main St N, Brampton
Facilities and food for people in need, including:
- Showers and laundry
- Phone and computer
- Staff support
- Breakfast 8 to 9:30 a.m. (9:15 a.m. on Sundays)
- Lunch served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Thursday
- Monday to Friday 7a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays 7 to 9:30 a.m.
- Sundays 7 to 9:15 a.m.
City of Mississauga help for the homeless
Services are available to support at-risk individuals and the homeless in Mississauga, including free hot meals and shower access. Access Mississauga’s help for the homeless.
Mental health support
- Distress Centre Peel – 905-278-7208
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Centre of Peel – 905-278-9036
- Youth Mental Health Crisis Response Service – 416-410-8615