Winter housing and homeless support
Together with our partners we’re offering help to our vulnerable communities during the colder months
In Peel there are many programs available to support housing, shelter and fundamental needs.
Offering 24/7 support for urgent homelessness needs, food, shelter access, referrals and more. The Street Helpline connects to our mobile Street Outreach team who can often come to your location to help. If you’re in crisis or face an urgent need, call us.
Shelter Intake Line
We can help you find the best option in any Peel shelter, including in adult, youth and family shelters.
Out of the Cold Program at St. Leonard’s Place Peel
1105 Queen St E, Brampton
An emergency shelter for men aged 18+ experiencing homelessness. The program runs until March 2021 between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Overnight shelter operating under full COVID-19 preventing protocols
- Access to health care, primary health care, referrals and information
- Winter clothing such as hats and gloves
- Laundry facilities, hygiene items, small locker space for belongings
- Snacks and breakfast
Regeneration Meal Program and Supports
156 Main St N, Brampton
Facilities and food for people in need, including:
- Showers and laundry
- Phone and computer
- Staff support
- Breakfast 8 to 9:30 a.m. (9:15 a.m. on Sundays)
- Lunch served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Thursday
Holiday hours: December 21 to January 1, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Hours (after January 2):
- Monday to Friday 7a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays 7 to 9:30 a.m.
- Sundays 7 to 9:15 a.m.
Open Window Hub Drop-In and Meal Program
Central Library, 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W, Mississauga
The City of Mississauga’s Central Library offers support to at-risk and homeless people, including referrals for mental health or addictions treatment, housing and employment services.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, box lunches, personal hygiene kits and items such as socks, gloves and hats are provided as needed.
Hot “grab and go” lunches are available Tuesdays at 12 p.m.
Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Warming centre program - West Edge in from the cold
West Edge Community Church, 157 Lakeshore Road West, Mississauga
- Warming centre available for people experiencing homelessness.
- Dedicated men’s and women’s spaces.
- Health and well-being check.
- Program runs until March 2021 between 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
City of Mississauga Shower Program
Free shower facilities are available Monday to Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Malton Community Centre, 3540 Morning Star Drive, Mississauga
- Meadowvale Community Centre, 6655 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga
- Port Credit Arena, 40 Stavebank Road North, Mississauga
Learn more at Mississauga.ca/homelessness.
Mental health support
- Distress Centre Peel – 905-278-7208
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Centre of Peel – 905-278-9036
- Youth Mental Health Crisis Response Service – 416-410-8615