Coping With Stress
You probably agree that stress is inevitable in today's world - and that it's not always a bad thing.
The question is: "How do we keep the level of stress manageable?"
"By Making A Choice."
According to Dr. Earle from the Canadian Institute of Stress: You can manage your stress by making a Choice to:
- Leave it
- Change it
- Adapt it
Many people cause themselves so much unnecessary stress - far beyond the stress of a difficult job or marriage:
- by not Deciding
- by postponing it
- by taking a wait and see approach, which is still going on five years later.
- That's why healthy self-esteem goes hand in hand with managing stress effectively.
- If you're an adult... see Strengthening self-esteem
- If you're a teen... see Teen power... confidence and dreams
- We also recommend this site: Canadian Mental Health Association, Metro Toronto Branch for their online guide: Coping with Stress.