Details on how to report non-compliance relating to COVID-19
The Ontario government has ordered mandatory restrictions related to COVID-19 to help protect the health and safety of Ontarians under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Get the latest information about the Ontario government’s Reopening Ontario Act and related emergency orders.
Find out where to report non-compliance for issues such as prohibited gatherings, mandatory mask bylaws, or other complaints related to COVID-19 within businesses or in public spaces.
Reporting a non-compliant food establishment, personal service setting, or recreational water facility
Call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700, or in Caledon 905-584-2216. These establishments include:
- restaurants and bars
- grocery stores, convenience stores, discount and big box retailers selling groceries
- tattoo studios, body piercing shops, aesthetics salons, and hairdressing and barber shops
- public pools, spas, beaches, splash pads and wading pools
Reporting non-compliance in all other businesses or public spaces, including prohibited private social gatherings and organized public events
- In Brampton call 311 or dial 905-874-2000 if calling outside city limits.
- In Caledon call 1-888-310-1122, or for mask bylaw concerns call 905-584-2272 ext. 3462.
- In Mississauga call 311 or dial 905-615-4311 if calling outside city limits.
Reporting price gouging
Effective immediately, the Ontario government has issued an emergency order that retail businesses and individuals in Ontario cannot charge unfair prices for necessary goods. Consumers can report price gouging on necessary goods by filing a complaint at 1-800-889-9768 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, or by filing a report online.