Support, programs, and services
We offer support for parents and caregivers, as well as families who have children with special needs.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer free, high quality drop-in programs for caregivers and children age 6 and under. You can learn and play with your child, meet people and get advice.
Learn more about EarlyON.
Support for children with special needs
Children with cognitive, physical, social, emotional or communicative needs, often benefit from additional support.
We partner with special needs resourcing programs and licensed child care providers to offer Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS). This support is for children who attend licensed child care programs in Peel.
PIRS resource consultants work with your family and licensed child care provider to support your child to have a positive child care experience.
Resource consultants will:
- Create a plan with you and the licensed child care provider that focuses on your child’s strengths and area of development.
- Share ideas and strategies to use in child care and your home.
- Support your child’s transition from child care to school.
- Work with licensed child care providers to support inclusive experiences for all children.
How to get started
There are a few ways you can be referred to PIRS.
- Talk to your child care provider so they can connect you to the resource consultant.
- Call PIRS Intake at 905-791-7800 ext. 7627.
- Ask your doctor to start the process for you.
PIRS is a partnership of the following special needs resourcing programs: Brampton Caledon Community Living, Community Living Mississauga, ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development, Peel Children’s Centre, Surrey Place and Region of Peel.