Make a formal complaint or damage or injury claim
If you feel Peel Region is responsible for property damage or a personal injury, you can make a claim.
Our Loss Management team will work with you to investigate and solve your claim.
You can also make a formal complaint.
A process is in place for formal complaint about:
- Region of Peel programs, facilities, services, operational procedures and employees.
- The action (or lack of action) taken by Peel Region or by a person acting on behalf of the Peel Region.
On this page
Anyone is eligible to make a claim or formal complaint.
What you need
You’ll need to provide information that supports your claim, such as:
- Documents proving that Peel Region is responsible for damage or injury.
- Documents showing the amount of damage being claimed (for compensation).
There is no cost for this service.
How to make a claim or complaint
To make an injury or damage claim, email Loss Management or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4269.
To make a formal complaint:
- Refer to our Complaints Handling Policy.
- Complete and submit our online Formal Complaints Form.
Who to contact
If you have any questions or would like more details:
- Email Loss Management or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4269.
- Email the Regional Clerk or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4545.
Submitting a claim does not guarantee compensation.
Each claim is reviewed by the division that is claimed to have caused the damage. It could take weeks, months, or even years to resolve if employees oppose the claim.
Common types of formal complaints
- Vehicle accidents
- Vehicle accident due to pot holes
- Sewer back-up
- Lost or stolen tech and property damage.
Types of claims
First Party: Damage to or loss of Regional assets (such as vehicles, buildings, contents, equipment).
Third Party: Claims made by people who have been injured or whose property has been damaged or lost as the alleged result of Regional operations.
Injury: Appropriate if a person (other than a Regional employee) is injured on Region of Peel property or as a result of Regional operations.